Barometric Pressure Monitoring
I have suffered migraines for over 20 years. One of my big triggers is the barometric pressure. Is there an accurate website wich I can monitor pressure changes on a daily basis? I may then be able to avert some of the unnecessary pain I have to go through! They have gotten so bad, I am on Topomax daily. If I could maybe monitor my surroundings more closely, maybe I could get to the point of eliminating the medication.

Thank you for your help!

Hi, I too am a walking barometer or am affected by the changes, but knowing what the barometric pressure is will not affect how u feel....so how will it affect the meds u take?

Topamax is one that can take up to 2 weeks to adjust to, so if u wanted to only take it when the barometer will affect u the meds could make u feel worse then the pressure? I know that is not a fun experience adjusting to this med....

Can u explain how knowing what the pressure is can help?

BTW- ur local weather should have a website for things like the barometric pressure.
Before I answer your question, can you tell me if you were able to replicate this trigger by ascending or descending any nearby mountains.  The reason I say this is that if barometric pressure is your trigger then by attaining or descending altitude you would trigger a headache or migraine.  The deviation of the height would be the trigger zone.  The reason is because air is less dense at higher altitude and more dense at lower.

Historical barometric data can be obtained by zipcode but getting a forecast for barometric pressure is not so simple.

I may have some other solutions for you but I am interested in your reply.

Ed