Migraines & Headaches Community
Bedridden with migrain for 25 days

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Bedridden with migrain for 25 days

Is this common? My husband was in bed for 25 days with migraine, had 5 days where he could function again and now he is back in bed for the last 5 days. Seen many doctors, have a specialist appointment in 2 weeks time. He is under a tremendous amount of stress, could it be psycho-somatic to this degree??thanks!
Stress depletes various nutrients and one of those nutrients is magnesium.

Excerpt from "The Connection Between Magnesium and Headaches"...

"Magnesium deficiency is believed to be present in 50% to 60% of people who suffer from migraines. However, a good 85% to 90% of migraine sufferers can often find immediate relief once they start taking supplements.

The recommended doses for magnesium are two 500 mg magnesium gluconate tablets at lunch time, two tablets in the afternoon and two tablets at bedtime."
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How is your husband? What other symptoms are present? Aside from migraine headache, one kind of primary headache, cluster headaches, may also be responsible. This is a common form of chronic, repeated headaches and may occur daily for months, alternating with periods without headaches (episodic), or they can recur for a year or more without stopping (chronic).  The cause is not known but it is  seen more in men than women. The pain may occur in, behind, and around one eye with associated tearing.  Sometimes the different  types of primary headaches -migraine, cluster and  tension headaches may also occur together. Rest and prescription medications may help provide relief. Take care and do keep us posted.
Thank you so much for the advice, I will ensure he has a Mg supplement RedStar. @ Rowena, he has nausea and says that the headaches feel like someone is trying to rip his skull off. He says  that he feels like he has glandular fever, but when myself or the doctor have taken his temperature, it is normal. He had blood tests done this week, so we should get the results next week.since I have known him he has suffered with migraines, and usually a trip to the chiropractor sorts him out. Really tough because he keeps telling me that he cannot go on like this anymore and I am scared that he does something,