Migraines & Headaches Community
Bee sting like pain in the back of head

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Bee sting like pain in the back of head

Asi was laying on a matress yeterday night I stRted feeling a sudden sharp pain in the back of my head - it felt like someone was pulling my hair - and the pain feels like a bee sting
I had somebody check my scalp and there's no redness or bumps
it is particularly painful when I tilty head back
anybody felt a similar pain ? The pain reduces when I massage the area but only temporarily
Avatar_dr_f_tn
HI,
How are you? Are there other symptoms present? Do you still experience the bee-sting like pain in your head? Is it continuous or intermittent in occurrence? One differential may include ice pick headaches. The International Headache Society classify these headaches if  there is no other disorder present, no accompanying symptoms, head pain occurring as single stab or series of stabs and stabs lasting for up to a few seconds and recurring with irregular frequency. It is important that you identify and avoid any trigger. Relaxation techniques may also be helpful; try to remain calm and take slow, deep breaths. In some cases, the headaches may resolve on their own. Take care and best regards.
The pain is constant but increases when I tild my head back
as for other symptoms I've had headaches over the past year. I got a scan done about a year ago and there was nothing wrong at the time
the headaches I've been having shoot down the right side of my neck - I've been to thedoctorabout this and he says it Is most likely due to posture (I'm on my laptop all day)
the pain I've been having since yesterday night different - like I described, it's more like a bee sting - feels like someone is pulling strands of my hair
is this something serious I have to be concerned about ? I don't have any other symptoms - no nausea , vomitting etc