Blind spots
This morning I had a blind spot in my vision. It was about the size of a dinner plate at about eyeline off to my right. The area looked like it was shimmering/flickering. If I held my hand in the area it disappeared completely from sight and the area was "filled in" with the background, in much the same way as it is in those optic nerve blind spot experiments that are done in juniour school science classes. The effect lasted for about half an hour at which point the ring and pinky fingers on my left hand went numb (there may have been some overlap between these two symptoms, but i cant remember). This numbness was very odd as my fingers werent cold, and I had not cut off the circulation. This effect lasted for about 15 to 20 minutes. In the hours after this event I had a mild headache at the front of my head.
I consider myself a relatively healthy individual. I am within the healthy weight range and have low blood pressure. I have no history of migraines, which I have heard are linked to blind spot symptoms.
How are you?  There are various causes of temporary blind spot such as glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration, atherosclerosis and even migraine headaches.  Alcohol abuse, multiple sclerosis, and pituitary tumors may also result in blind spots. If this persists, have this checked by your doctor or be referred to an eye doctor for proper evaluation. Direct clinical examination is essential. Take care and regards.
Hi IsabelBlueStar!

I get blind-spots with my migraines. You are right, blind spots can be a migraine symptom.

If you ever have stroke-like symptoms such as numbness along with vision changes, it is important to seek emergency medical attention. If this happens again, please seek immediate medical attention. Even though your original symptoms have resolved now, you should still make an appointment with your family doctor or a neurologist to discuss this issue.

- marilee