MIGRAINES & HEADACHES
COMMUNITY
Blurred vision to severe headache to nausea and dizzy?
by lorie317, Feb 17, 2011
I had a weird experience the other day and was wondering if anyone else had it happen and what it might be. I went to the gym and worked out..ran 3 miles and I felt great. About an 1hr later I took and shower and started getting ready for work. After I got out of the shower I couldnt focus my eyes and there was a weird like orb shape that I could see in my right eye..couldnt read anything and my eyes were blurry for 15-20 min. When my eyes finally focused I had a severe headache that made me feel like I needed to vomit and dizzy. Headache lasted for 4 hrs or so. Freaked me out so I went to the Dr the next day and I am never sick..it has been years since I had been. Dr said it could be anything from min stroke to just a headache. Ordered an MRI and the inital results looked fine..not sure if I should just chalk it up to a one time deal or try to do more test to see what the issue is. Anyone have any ideas or experience.. maybe know what test I should take to make certain something is not going wrong. I never have migraines. The episode started with the blurred vision and no headache.
Member Comments (4)
Avatar_dr_f_tn
by Dr SantosBlank, Feb 18, 2011
How are you? It is good that the MRI result and the initial tests were fine. This could be due exertion headaches which presents with generalized head pain  during or following physical exertion. This is usually caused by migraine or cluster headaches. However, further evaluation may need to be done to rule out organic diseases  like aneurysms, tumors, or blood vessel malformation, which can occur in 10 % of such cases. A referral to an opthalmologist will also help rule out eye issues as well. Take care and do keep us posted.
by Vertigovicky, Mar 26, 2011
Hi when I was a teenager I would suffer from migraines once a month wit my period I would have that weird ord shape and blind spots were I coulnd c foloowed  by severe headache which wuld make me vomit id experuence numbness to though ive looked it all up went to docs there just migraines nothin to serious I hated them though I got given depositrys as treatment as soon as I felt them com on Id take one
Avatar_dr_f_tn
by Dr SantosBlank, Mar 27, 2011
How are you? Indeed, your symptoms indeed can be due to migraine headaches, which is common with hormone changes in teenagers. Both abortive and preventive medications prescribed by your doctor may be very helpful. Identifying the triggers and avoiding them also helps prevent the attacks. Take care and best regards.
by livey916, Oct 04, 2012
hi,
i have had a migraine for 4 days it is starting to cause me dizziness and blurred vision but if i take my migrane medicine it gets worse and makes me feel drugged up im not sure what is going on with me but my headaches are becoming unbearable all i do is cry.