Migraines & Headaches Community
Bone Spur /brain

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Bone Spur /brain

My Son woke me at 2 am with a terrible headache. He is 24. Next morning we went to a quick care facility where we found he had high blood pressure. They also so sent him to the local hospital for an MRI . Two weeks later they called and told us they would like him to have a Cat Scan (sp) ?  He had the scan on Thursday and on Tuesday we were told that on  the scan they had found a bone spur on the crevice of the left side. We were told it was not touching matter and that we could do a follow up scan in two to three months or go to a neurologist. I plan to take him to a neurologist for an exam. Can you tell me if this could cause the headache ? He is on blood pressure medicine and an anxiety medication now. Can these spurs grow and interfere with the brain matter?

Conditions like cervical arthritis are associated with bony spurs in the cervical region. Bony spurs in the cervical spine can cause headache though neck pain, upper back pain, radiating pain in the shoulders and arms are the more common symptoms. The bony spurs usually lead to cervical spine stenosis or narrowing of the cervical canal and can result in pinching of the nerve.
Generally it is advised to take rest, oral anti-inflammatory medications, physical therapy and steroid injections.
http://www.spine-health.com/conditions/back-pain/treatment-options-bone-spurs
Hope this helps!