Bony Like Lumps of Head W/Migraines & Neck Pain
In the last 2 weeks I have notices hard unmoveable lumps on my head. The first appeared behind my left ear just inside my hair line. It feels bony and is almost like a knot you get from hiting your head although I haven't. A week later I discovered two other of these lumps on the right back side of my head. One is about an inch inside my hairline just above the nape of my neck. The other is about a 1/2 inch above that one. Both are bony feeling and almost seems to run together with some softer tissue between, although it mostly feels like one huge knot. Once again I have not hit my head on anything in any recent timing. Since these lumps appeared I have had trouble with my vision. It will go blurring for 30-45 seconds at a time occuring several times an hour. I have been having really bad headaches with some of them being migraines. Along with the headaches I have had neck pain that can sometimes stretch into my upper back right between by shoulder blades. The lumps usually do not hurt me but are tender to the touch and cause me pain while sleeping. I have tried using OTC medications for the pain and also some prescribed pain medications. I can sometimes get a little relief but they always come back within a couple of hours. Can you please tell me what these lumps are on my head and if my other problems are a result or symptom of what could be wrong?
The lumps could be enlarged lymph nodes due to a pathology in the brain,or could be lipoma. Please go for an MRI brain –plain and contrast and consult a neurosurgeon. It will be better to consult an ophthalmologist at the same time for examination of the eyes (fundus ). Please do not delay as it could be serious.Hope this helps you. Take care and regards !