Migraines & Headaches Community
Bony Like Lumps of Head W/Migraines & Neck Pain
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bony Like Lumps of Head W/Migraines & Neck Pain

In the last 2 weeks I have notices hard unmoveable lumps on my head. The first appeared behind my left ear just inside my hair line. It feels bony and is almost like a knot you get from hiting your head although I haven't. A week later I discovered two other of these lumps on the right back side of my head. One is about an inch inside my hairline just above the nape of my neck. The other is about a 1/2 inch above that one. Both are bony feeling and almost seems to run together with some softer tissue between, although it mostly feels like one huge knot. Once again I have not hit my head on anything in any recent timing. Since these lumps appeared I have had trouble with my vision. It will go blurring for 30-45 seconds at a time occuring several times an hour. I have been having really bad headaches with some of them being migraines. Along with the headaches I have had neck pain that can sometimes stretch into my upper back right between by shoulder blades. The lumps usually do not hurt me but are tender to the touch and cause me pain while sleeping. I have tried using OTC medications for the pain and also some prescribed pain medications. I can sometimes get a little relief but they always come back within a couple of hours. Can you please tell me what these lumps are on my head and if my other problems are a result or symptom of what could be wrong?