Brief, Unilateral Head Pain every 10 minutes
Hi all, I am a 24 year old male without much history of headaches except for the occasional hangover or tension headache.  Two days ago, I had a headache that was out of nowhere and moderately painful, which may or may not be related to the pains I've been having for the 2 full days since then.  All of yesterday and today, I have had headaches that hit and fade over about 5-10 seconds.  They come in regular intervals, about every 10 minutes.  Has anyone ever heard of anything like this?  They are not debilitating, but they make me stop what I'm doing for a few seconds, and are concerning because I've never experienced anything like this.  Unlike my past headaches (including the one before these brief pains started) these are in the same place every time and aren't caused/worsened by standing up or an obvious cause like dehydration.
How are you? Brief stabbing intense headaches may be caused by primary headaches such as ice pick headaches which may recur and last for a few seconds only. Identifying the triggers may help but taking medications may be difficult since the attacks last for a few seconds only. If it persists, you may need to have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Your complete medical history and direct clinical examination are important. Take care and do keep us posted.
Thanks.  They were gone when I woke up today, with just a few brief mild pains during the day.  Frankly, I was concerned because they weren't very intense, but extremely regular and consistent.  I hope they do not come back!
It is good to hear that the headaches were gone. Try to observe and identify the possible triggers that could lead to the headaches. Primary headaches may recur again if the trigger is present. A headache journal or the headache tracker in this forum may help. Take care always.