Migraines & Headaches Community
Bump on the head with headache

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Bump on the head with headache

I get very strong headaches on the left side of my head, They usually last about 2-3 days. Pain killers do not work. And when the pain is very strong I get a bump on the back of my head on the left side. Is getting a bump during the headache normal?
Avatar dr f tn
How are you? Are there other symptoms present? How can you characterize your headache? A bump is usually observed after head trauma and uncommonly seen after headache. One-sided throbbing headaches are usually associated with migraine headaches. While tension headaches present with dull or headband-like pain. If over-the-counter pain medications do not work, you may need stronger prescription medication from your doctor. Have this checked by your doctor for proper management.Take care and do keep us posted.
Avatar n tn
Other symptoms: If the headache is very strong I feel sick and vomit sometimes. I describe the my headaches as left sided (all the time) throbbing. And when they start my left eye almost closes.I did not get any head trauma. This bump only appears after my headache stars and  then disappears.
Avatar dr f tn
Thanks for the update. Your symptoms highly suggests migraine headache. The bump may be due to inflammation of the blood vessel as associated with migraine at times due to vascular involvement. However, it is best that  you check with your doctor or be referred to a neurologist for proper evaluation. Take care always.
I bumped my head 4 days ago and I have been taking extra strength Tylenol. The head aches come and go could there be something more serious happening in the brain. That I do not know about.