Burning headache
I have the strangest headache today.  It's across my forehead along my hairline & it feels like a burning sensation.  Has anyone ever had anything like this?
Hello kathy1029,
There could be many reasons for the burning type of pain like neuralgia,migraine,it could be due to anxiety ,stress or over exertion,dietary factors.You should try to assess the cause.You can take some NSAID to relieve the pain and take rest.Avoid stressful events ,
avoid diet drinks,tobacco,caffeine.If the pain still persists you should consult a neurologist and get the evaluation done.
Best
About a year ago I went to a neurologist for migraines... He put me on Topomax [despite knowing that I have had several kidney stones in the past- which I found out that this medication can cause] anyways, I immediately started having a reaction to this medication... a burning sensation all over my scalp, face and neck. I called my Dr. and he said I may just be my body trying to adjust to the medication.... so I stayed on it 3 weeks and then couldn't take it anymore. I abruptly stopped taking it [which I NOW know is not a good thing to do- too little too late] and almost a year later I am STILL having the side effects... the burning / tingling sensation all over my head. The only way I can really describe the way this feels is imagine having a sunburn on the top of your head and then it being pricked with pins and needles. Yeah, everyday... it's terrible. I have been to several doctors and they do not know whats going on. They say that cant imagine it being from the medication b/c it should not still be making me feel this way since I have been off of it so long. BUT I never in my life experienced these sensations until starting this medication. The weirdest part about this is that I no longer have migraines... its like the medication altered my headaches, but I can assure you that I would take my old migraines back ANY DAY of the week, b/c what I experience now is much much worse.

I experience the burning headaches everyday =(