Migraines & Headaches Community
Burning headaches.... is this what I'm having?

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

I found this article today and it's the FIRST TIME I have ever seen my experiences written down in text form, making me feel not as crazy b/c I know know that I am not the only one who goes through this...
Any thoughts on this?? Could my constant pains be from Sinuses? I have had both an MRI and a CAT scan so I know its not a growth in the head.

Are You Suffering From a Burning Headache? - Discover the Causes
By Frederic Madore

Understand your burning headaches.

Maybe you are one of those people you suffers continually of this common pain called burning headache. Maybe you have them once in a while or maybe they last for days. The term ‘’burning headache’’ is not a recognized medical term. Although it is used every day by you won’t find it in any medical journal or clinical documents. You should know that there are various causes of burning headaches and people who suffers from this condition experience pain in different part of the head. Below you will find the most common causes of a burning headache.

Burning Headache happens in different part of the head

For most cases a burning headache is associated with sinusitis. The pain associated with “sinusitis” burning headache is usually located in the frontal part of the head. Parts like:

- Forehead

- Upper Cheeks

- Can even travel around the whole face

On the other hand a burning headache can be caused by fever. In that case, the pain will be located on both sides of your forehead.

What are the Causes?

As I already mentioned earlier the most common reasons for burning headaches are:

- Sinusitis

- Fever

- And even flu

In each case, the pain is severe and the burning sensation is constant. The first signs of pain usually originate from the side of the head but will propagate to other area of the head. Some people even experience thrust of extreme pain. Unfortunately there is no medical proof available to explain this sudden uprising of pain associated with burning headache. Some believe that the pain can be caused by pulsating nerves due to tension.

Burning headache can also be caused by more serious condition like:

- Tumors

- Growth in the head

For these particular cases, the pain affects the patient differently than the cases listed above. The pain is not constant, it comes on and off. The pain is usually violent and extremely severe, it is far stronger than the pain you experience during fever, sinusitis or flu and it also pulsates more often.

On top of that there are some proofs that toxins and chemicals can be the cause of acute and burning headaches. You have probably experienced this if you have been in a newly painted house. There are other types of toxins and food which can be responsible of causing a burning headache like alcohol and caffeine. Did you know that Alcohol and caffeine are suspected of being the cause of many serious cases of burning headache? The symptoms of such headaches are usually pretty strong, having your whole head to ache severely and your nerves being exceedingly tensed.
-2 Comments Post a Comment
Causes

As we have already known, the common reasons for burning headache would be fever, flu, and sinusitis. In these cases, the pain is constant, and can be stinging and tingling, and not to mention burning. It can originate from any side of the head, but usually after a while it will travel to other areas as well.