Can I take a Valium or Diazepam tablet?
Hi there,

I previously posted a Q about having a seizure following a pro-longed migraine and I've continued to have problems for the past two months but, especially in the last week. I've been having alot of what I can only describle as mini seizures. My Q is, would it be ok for me to take a Valium or Diazepam tablet, would it help to relax me, until I get to see my Doctor, which wont be till next week. I am currently taking a multi-vitamin supplement (non-prescribed) but not taking any other medication bar an odd paracetomal tablet.
Would this be ok and could it help as I am quiet uncomfortable at the moment.
Any advise would be helpful,
Jessie.

How are you?
The dose of diazepam in healthy adults ranges from 2 mg – 10 mg. I would suggest you to start with the lowest dose and do check with your PCP before you start the medication.
If it is not a sleep issue but an anxiety issue you can opt for a mild tranquilizer like alprazolam.
It would definitely help to calm you down a little. Please remember that diazepam can cause tolerance and dependence.
Take care!
Dear Dr. Noopur MD,

Thank you very much for your response, hopefully this might alleviate some of my symtoms.
Jessie.