Can a migraine cause spots in the brain?
I have migraines and headaches for 4-5 years now .. I have headaches in the morning when I weak up. I am a student 22 years old and I am having difficulties studying because if these migraines. I went to do MRI Brain test as well as sinusitis MRI. From the results, I have a big cyst in the right sinus and from the MRI test the spotted some spots in the brain. At the beginning they thought that is something do to with multiple sclerosis and I am taking some new test. But they don't believe this is the case now until the results. My question is if these spots in the brain might be caused from the migraines and what other side effects may have in my health.
When I was diagnosed with migraines my doctor told me that it does show up on an mri if you were experiencing a migraine at the time. She said that is why migraines are so important to prevent as the images on the mri demonstrate its similarities to stroke or capabilities of causing a stroke.

Hope this helps.