Migraines & Headaches Community
Causes of B6 Toxicity

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Causes of B6 Toxicity

A have a B6 level of greater than 100. I have nerve damage, neuropathy, headaches, depression, and trouble with balance when walking, I had a gastric bypass REVERSAL after suffering with constant sickness since then I have not taken any vitamins except One a day womens for menapause and I only took that for a week before I had my blood drawn, what has caused this and will the damage to my nerves be reversable?
Avatar dr f tn
How are you? The ingestion of megadoses or more than 500 mg/day, of pyridoxine or vitamin B6, to treat carpal tunnel syndrome or premenstrual syndrome, may cause toxicity. Recovery is usually slow and sometimes difficult if severe symptoms had developed. On the other hand, Vitamin B12  or cyanocobalamin deficiency, is often associated with gastric bypass. It is best that you discontinue any vitamin intake and check with your doctor for proper evaluation. Take care and do keep us posted.
Avatar n tn
Hi.
I have approximately 15 years ago been prescribed by a psychiatrist a B-Complex  for stress related sores in my mouth. Approximately two years ago I start experiencing pain and twitching and after a lot of tests and a nerve biopsy it was concluded that I have nerve damage from B6 toxicity .I have numbness in my feet and hands, tingling all over and am very tired all the time.I am going to start working with my family doctor to get this reversed. I will post and let you know how it goes.

You hang in there we will win this fight together
Avatar n tn
One more thing. My neurologist told me that normal daily intake of B6 is 1.7mg. The B-Complex that I was prescribed had rate of 13.5mg per tablet and it said to take one a day. My blood level when tested was 434. Way over the toxic level.

TTYL