Chest Tightness, and Breathing difficulty, Back pain, high liver enzymes
Hi, I am a 22 year old male and have been experiencing bad chest tightness and dyspnea for a while now with some high liver enzymes and back pain.  It began very minor and then grew worse and worse over the past few years.  I have been to many doctors but I feel as though someone is missing something.  I also went to a psychologist and nothing was found that would cause these symptoms.  I have seen pulmanology, cardiology, GI, ENT, Neuro, Internal.  And still no diagnosis.  I have been put on many medications but nothing is helping.  Only thing found was high liver enzymes but I was told it was because I was heavy 250 ( I lost 30 lbs thought im now 220)  My father was diagnoses with myasthenia Gravis but I do not have it from what the blood test and EMG showed.  Also these symptoms seems to get worse when I had to start taking Vicodin more often (1 pill a day) instead of 1 every couple of days for my migraines.  Is there any disease that Vicodin would make worse?  Or could the drug it self cause these symptoms?  Thank you for your help.
The vicodin contains tylenol also known as acetaminophen.  You should not take more than 1,000 mg of tylenol in one single dose and no more than 4,000 mg in 24 hours as doing so can cause liver problems.

There are many people that have all types of liver problems that cannot take tylenol.  Given that your liver enzymes are high, I would use the vicodin cautiously and contact your doctor and explain that the vicodin makes your symptoms worse.  

Did the doctors do an ultrasound on your organs, especially the gall bladder?  If so, did everything check out okay?

Lastly, there are other pain medications that your doctor can prescribe that doesn't have tylenol within it to see if your symptoms improve.

I wish you the very best and I hope you feel better soon.

femmy
They did not do any ultrasounds at all.  The doctors just take some blood work and then blow everything off.  The most recent finding is that my body contained no vitamin D at all.  They did say I had a slightly enlarged spleen and signs of a old digestive disease.  Also had a abdominal xray once that said found a spot that could have been a stone but then a cat scan which showed nothing.