Migraines & Headaches Community
Chronic Debilitating Migranes(migraines)!!!

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Hello i am just wondering if any one that has suffered this severe problem for many years and the pain from nerve damage in the head has gone to natural Marijuana use after all other medications not worked???
Avatar dr f tn
There are varied reports on the effect of marijuana on headache. Some get relief while others get more headaches. One thing is clear though, there not enough studies done showing support to these claims. Furthermore, marijuana is regulated and  not allowed in plenty of places.  Regards.
Coughing as a result of smoking marijuana can intensify the pain of a migraine or headache. An alternative to smoking is to prepare it in hot foods (temperature wise) or tea, as heating marijuana increases it's THC levels (so I've read). The effect also last longer when consumed.

I don't condone the abuse of marijuana, but I do believe in using it as an herbal remedy for pain along with other ailments. I wouldn't speak up about this subject, as it's taboo to many, but it's the only relief I've gotten with my pain from Chiari type 1 malformation, and the frequent migraines it's caused. To be quite frank, I'm very leary of taking many meds that have been prescribed to me, due their long list of side effects. It's like trading one ailment for many others.

I hope the medical community will recognize the positive effects and lack of side effects marijuana can contribute to their patients, and further push the issue to their state representitives and such. I understand there's alot of pharmaceutical companies and politicians preventing clinical trials and treatments using marijuana. It should never have been allowed to be about extreme profit, but it is.

I apologize for my going off on a tangent. I've been through quite a bit of pain and misery, and have found comfortable relief in this. This should be an available option for those who seek it. Please don't cast judgement upon me for some thing that is as natural as the tea, coffee or vegetables that most people consume daily. Thank you Dr. Santos for your input.