Migraines & Headaches Community
Chronic Headaches after brain surgery.....

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

I had Brain surgery 7 years ago due to a ruptured aneurysm. I was lucky to have survived with no disabilities and only my short term memory was affected. However, the headaches that I've had since the surgery are getting worse and more frequent. I had a catscan done about 6 months ago when I ended up in emergency due to a severe headache, with dizziness & loss of vision.
Is this normal? I live on naproxen!
Normal? Maybe!.  My wife has a similar circumstance as you except her rupture was 17 years ago.  Her headaches/migraines started 6 months post-op and she too ended up in the emergency room.  Unfortunately her headaches have continued to today.  Electrical devices are what trigger her migraines.  Her Doctors were stunned to learn these devices could be a trigger and we have developed the mechanics that cause the triggers and also have been able to replicate and reproduce the headaches, not that we wanted to do that but, we needed to confirm the theory.  If you are interested in learning how you can determine whether these devices are at the root of your headaches, let me know and I'll give you more details so you can determine for yourself if indeed these devices can be causing your headaches.  Let me know.      
Avatar dr f tn
As mentioned from the other post, it is best that you go for follow-up with your neurologist especially if the frequency and severity of your headache is increasing. I also agree with Eddie that headache  triggers, (whether environmental, occupational or from other factors)  should be identified. Take care always and hope to hear from you soon.