Migraines & Headaches Community
Chronic Micro vascular disease of the brain

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Hi, I'm 49 and very active. I was diagnosed with Chronic Micro vascular disease of the brain not to long ago. It was found by accident after a car accident back in March of 2011. Three days after the accident, I was home, and got a debilitating headache that lasted about 5 minutes and continued aching for the next 3 or more weeks. Work sent me to a neurologist and the tests were done (CT & MRI) it was also indicated that I, at one time in my life, had a mini-stroke. They couldn't tell if it was caused by the accident or not. I received physical therapy for my neck and R shoulder for the next few weeks, but, it's been a year now and I still have headaches, neck & shoulder pain, light-headedness along with nausea sometimes. As I cannot afford medical insurance I am stuck with dealing with these symptoms and taking Tylenol (I also have gastritis so I cannot take anything else). I'm worried that it could be getting worse. I am working with a nurse practitioner at a clinic nearby regarding the headaches. I take one baby aspirin a day along with cholesterol medication. Am I to just continue taking these medications everyday and just wait for something to happen??? The headaches have me worried that something is seriously wrong but I can't afford to get any testing done to find out. What do I do now?
Is there any way that u can get seen at a larger medical center that might have charitable aid? Because of the injury u might qualify for med insurance for lower income people like state insurance (Medicaid) if u live in the US. It is very hard for someone to diagnose another on the Internet. Ur situation sounds serious enough that u should get follow up to prevent future incidents. Also u deserve some sort of treatment for ur pain. My two cents for all its worth.
Good luck
Horselip
I tried to qualify for medical but according to the state I live in (PA) I have to be disabled or over the age of 65 and I am neither. I am working with a nurse practitioner at the clinic and she is fantastic, making sure I get what I need at a price I am able to afford. I will be seeing her again within the next 2 weeks with an update. Thanks.  Nanaof02