Chronic Migraines
To whoever can help,
     I have had chronic daily migraines for over 3 years now.  I have been to the Diamond Headache Clinic in Chicago, IL for inpatient treatment three times and am still stuck.  I have been on everything from Nardil(MAOI) to hydrocodone and very little seems to work. In fact the only thing that seems to help at all is the norco, however, I do not want to take this.  I have now been off of it for a week, and my head hurts very bad with eye pain and feelings of just being a zombie with not have a full grasp on what is going on around me.  I have been on and off the pain medicine for over five years now as I had a car accident before the headaches started.  My question is this, as I don't think anyone can really help with the headaches on here, how long does it take for the properties of the hydrocodone to be completely out of my system.  I have heard everything from one week to possibly three months.  
How are you? Hydrocodone or dihydrocodeinone is a semi-synthetic opioid used as pain reliever and cough suppressant. It is often compounded with other analgesics like paracetamol or ibuprofen. The half-life is usually 3-6 hours but may change if it is combined with other drug. If medications do not work in managing your headache, you can also consider complementary and alternative medications such as biofeedback and other relaxation techniques. Take care and do keep us posted.