Migraines & Headaches Community
Chronic severe headaches and eye twitching

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

I am an 18 year old female whose had a variety of health concerns over the past 18 months...ranging from a pneumothorax(small tear in the lung) last june and recently have been dealing with chronic, severe headaches.  I had an MRI to check for any brain tumors, particularly pituitary because I'm experiencing spontaneous leakage from my breasts(I'm not pregnant or breastfeeding)..the MRI came back negative, just showing that I have a partially empty sella which they think to be purely genetic.  I am constanly taking ibuprofen to relieve pain ffrom the headaches which now have taken on different symptoms...recently they have been more concentrated on my right side and will be sharp and stabbing but I also experience strange wave-like or "whooshing" sensations.  For the last week right beneath my right eye there is a constant twitching and numbness around the eye.  I'm extremely frustrated because I haven't been able to find any answers...i have a lot of chest pain and tingling in my arms and legs. Please write back if you have any suggestions or can help in any way! thank you!!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? It is good that your MRI results were fine. Try to avoid taking ibuprofen regularly because this can lead to more harm and rebound headaches. Were you able to have your eyes checked by an eye doctor? This will help rule out eye conditions. The presence of tingling may be neurological in nature and needs further evaluation. Chest pain, on the other hand, may be cardiac and non-cardiac in origin.  Laboratory tests such as an ECG may be done to rule out cardiac causes. Take care and do keep us posted.
HI....I agree u should get ur eyes checked, but I would also get copies of the MRI's and get a second opinion...sometimes this can be overlooked/missed.

It deff sounds like pituitary involvement with the discharge.....compression on the area can cause this as well as a tumor...so do have the films reviewed.

Good luck
"selma"
Hey, thank you so much for your feedback. I went to my primary care doctor a few weeks ago and was told to definitely cut back on the NSAIDS as regular intake will actually cause more headaches. I had eye testing done as well and still everything has come back negative.  I was also advised to cut back on my caffeine consumption...I know this is a trigger for the headaches but I still feel like there's some underlying cause because the symptoms have changed in nature and have become more severe. In regards to the chest pain, every EKG I've had as also returned normal except for bradycardia...i've seen a GI doctor who performed an endoscopy and found some inflammation in the esophagus and stomach..I've struggled with an eating disorder for about three years now...I'm worried because I feel sharp chest pain particularly on the left side and down my left arm...also sharp pain on the right side as if its my esophagus..I really don't know what to do or who I should go to...My parents have been frustrated with all the doctors and specialists and not having any definitive answers....any further feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you so much!
Have u been checked for a hiatal hernia. or gall stones?....these can cause chest pains too...it may have shown up on the endoscopy but not always ....a barium swallow may be the next thing to try.

Since u had some inflammation that shows u have some form of reflux...were u put on meds for it?

"selma"
Hey selma, nope haven't been checked for a hiatal hernia or gall stones...I was put on some anti-inflammatory meds but continued having the chest pains so the doctor ended up just taking me off...haven't been to the GI in over 6 months now though so it probably would be a good idea to get in for a checkup..i'm going to do some research on the hiatal hernia/gallstones and see if I have some symptoms that match up...thanks for all your feedback
kelly