Migraines & Headaches Community
Cluster Headaches and Nosebleed
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cluster Headaches and Nosebleed

I have no history of headaches or migraines or sinus problems, but for the last 2 months or so I have MAJOR excruciating morning 'headaches.  The left side of my nose closes, left eye feels swollen, and pain in the side of my head radiating to neck, teeth, everything.  Not a major nose bleed, but always blood when I blow on these mornings.
I have taken 2 rounds of powerful antibiotics with no change.
I've tried to research cluster headaches, brain tumor...can't get the symptoms to match up..
Someone please tell my anything?!?!!
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,
How are you? Was there a previous trauma to the head? This could be an allergic reaction, problems with vision and primary headaches like cluster headache are possible causes.Cluster headaches usually involve eye symptoms. With regards to nose bleeding, there are many possible causes as well. If it has been 2 months already, I recommend that you have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation and to rule out presence of polyps. Take care and regards.
Blank
Thank you for responding.  My doctor has now prescribed 1 week of steroids and if no improvements a CAT scan.  No head trauma in my history or allergies or migraines.  This is worrisome and polyps were not mentioned.  Would polyps cause such headaches and eye pain...and isolated to early morning hours?
Thanks again.
Blank
Hi,
Nasal polyps may present with facial pain or headache, and can lead to  bleeding. Nasal polyps are usually associated with chronic inflammation of the lining of  the nasal passages and sinuses. If there was no head trauma, this can be one differential or it may be from primary headaches. With regards to the timing, this may occur any time of he day. Continue with your steroids and do keep us posted. Take care.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Migraines & Headaches Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...