Migraines & Headaches Community
Collapsing from Migraines

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Collapsing from Migraines

Sometimes when i try to walk I get an immediate spike in the pain level of my migraine.  A few times I have even collapsed to the floor during these times.  I lose my vision and hearing and become extemely disoriented and fall to the floor.  It only lasts a minute or so but its quite scary.  Has anyone else experienced this or heard of it?
I am so sorry to hear about your collapsing.  I also have been dealing with this for 5 years.  I have found no relief from medications as of yet.  I have let my family and friends know that when I get a migraine that I might collapse, lose my ability to speak or get very fuzzy thinking.  Now that they know what to expect I feel better and safer that they will know what to do to help protect me when I am disabled.  I have found that a qiuck nap will break the cycle.  Good Luck.  
Hi Switzer and Cowser
check out www.truthinlabeling.org.....this site was key to ending my migraines of over 30 years...Jack Samuels runs it. It was only when I really understood food labels that I found out I was still ingesting MSG which is a known "trigger" for headaches. Everyones tolerant level is different. Check it out....he has a diet you can follow to get you started with safe foods...
Hi.

Although migraine headaches could indeed present as what you have described, other more serious conditions that have similar presentations should have to be ruled out.

A cardiovascular or cerebrovascular condition can also present with loss of vision and hearing and disorientation that would be transient. Determining the exact cause is essential as this may lead to more serious consequences.

You should consult a physician for a complete examination and to rule out possible serious causes of your symptoms.

Good luck.