Migraines & Headaches Community
Combination of alochol & medication

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Combination of alochol & medication

I am concerned about how bad the following combination is:

Nadolol + Zoloft + Alcohol

I have been prescribed Nadolol for migraines, Zoloft for anxiety/depression and I am suppose to take both daily. I have drastically decreased the amount of alcohol consumption I intake compared to how much I consumed when I was younger.

I do like to have a glass of wine or two on the weekends on occasion and I am wondering how bad it is for me considering the medications I am on.

I know it sounds silly and most people are probably thinking "well you shouldnt drink at all" so if you are on medication is it not ok to have an occasional drink?

Insight/comments much appreciated....

How are you?
It is best to avoid alcohol when taking both Nadolol and Zoloft since both these medications can cause drowsiness and depression and can actually increase the harmful effects of alcohol.
However if you want to enjoy an occasional drink, make sure your doctor is aware of it.

Take care!