Migraines & Headaches Community
Complex Migraines

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Complex Migraines

I am wondering what is the prognosis with complex migraines.  Most of, if not all, of my symptoms match those in the category of dysautonomia, except I don't show a lot of bp changes.  The dr I saw today told me that she thinks I have trouble with complex migraines.  She said there is meds for it, but I have not had good luck with meds.  I am just wondering what others have to say that have this.  I don't really understand it because I seem to be in pretty bad shape.  I don't have any energy, pass out fairly easily, have lots of pain, etc......
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Complex migraine occurs with neurological symptoms such as weakness, loss of vision or difficulty in speaking, in addition to the headache. This  can be treated with abortive medicines  or pericranial injection. Dietary alterations may also help. Try to avoid eating fatty foods and other food stuffs which contain MSG. Exercise, drink plenty of fluids and eat plenty of  fresh fruits and vegetables. Talk to your doctor about the management to ease any worry and anxiety.Take care and best regards.
I have done the diets to find a food allergy and do not show any allergies.  I don't eat a lot of MSGs anyway.  I have another question though...what is the long term prognosis?  It seems that I have been having this problem for several years (7-8).  I am even fainting (thought to be from headaches).  I can't find any info that says what the prognosis is on this.
Thanks for you response.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
It is good that there are no food allergies involved. However, the reason that there is no available prognosis for complex migraine is that there are too many factors involved. The outlook for complex migraine depends on avoiding the triggers and taking the appropriate medicine. If both of these factors are addressed, there is a high probability that the prognosis is good. This is why a close collaboration with your doctor is important since much medications for migraine is trial and error for each person. Take care always.