Migraines & Headaches Community
Constant Aura no headache

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Constant Aura no headache

I started having a constant aura without headache during pregnancy it was mostly floaters and a black line that flaoted in my vision at all times.  It was annoying but did not infere with my life and I thought it would go away shortly after pregnancy.  I am 5 months post birth and my auras have taken a turn for the worst in last five weeks.  I see all sorts of visual disturbances and they never go away.  Now I have double vision mixed with seeing objects in the wrong spots, mixed with faces totally disappearing....especially at a close angle.  In addition to all the spots now I have little lights everywhere and at night it looks like a static TV although sometimes with an interesting pattern.  It is at this point interfereing with my life.

I had a CT scan and an EEG to test for occipital brain wave abnormalities..and thus far nothing.  I was wondering if anyone had any opinion about other tests I should undergo and if anyone else has this and how they manage.

I have no idea if it is related but I also have hard masses in my abdomen just under the ribs (i asked a doctor who said it seemed like fatty tissue but it is really hard and hurts and I wonder if he was feeling the right spots, my neck hurts constantly and cracks alot, if you push at the base of my head i get shooting pains to my temples and numbness in my hands, I also wake up with tingling feet but without weakness. Any ideas
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Please go for an MRI brain- plain and contrast immediately. It could be a tumour, multiple sclerosis or any other pathology in the brain or nerves.You should go for a nerve conduction study also.Consult  neurologist  for the same.It will be better to consult an opthalmologist at the same time. Hope this helps you. Take care and regards !
I've been experiencing the same auras for the past 4 years. I have found no relief. I have daily headaches, mainly around the temple and eye area. But all your symtoms (symptoms) are 100% like mine, except for the pregnancy, cause I'm a man. Lol
But I've recently went to the neurologist and they want to put me on zonisamide. But some of the side effects are kind of freaky from what I've read. I guess I'll see what happens. Hope you find something that helps. But I just wanted to let you know that your not alone in this there are blogs with lots of people with this problem. They call it Visual Snow check out some blogs and good luck.