Migraines & Headaches Community
Constant Headaches

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Constant Headaches

Hey, I am a 15 year old girl living in the UK and i need your help. I've been having constant headaches for the past few months. Below, is quite a detailed description of my diet and various other things.

I drink about 4 or 5 pints of water a day, and it's mostly while i'm eating. I dont do much exercise, just about half an hour of walking a day. On the weekends, i do a bit of yoga (breathing exercises), accupressure and stretching exercises.

I hardly eat any meat or fish, and eat quite a lot of vegetables. My diet is not too bad but not too good either. For example yesterday i ate : Bran flakes (cereal) with milk for breakfast
2 crisps for snacks
Veg sticks for snack - consisting of cucumber, carrot and big peppers (Capsicum)
spicy potato with indian bread (chappati / roti) for lunch
and minced lamb curry with rice for dinner

I went to sleep at about 11.30pm and woke up at about 8pm. Some days i sleep a little bit later due to coursework and revision.  

I've always thought that my headaches were due to not drying my hair properly after washing them, due to eating potatos, and not getting enough sleep. I also think i need to improve my
consumption of water. I hardly have any fruit, although i have improved that over the last few weeks. i have had one fruit most days.

I've thought about keeping a headache diary. i do have a diary, but i dont get time to write anything in it, otherwise i would write in it. This year hasnt been very good because of GCSE's and coursework. i have to admit, i have been constantly working hard to get good marks and i've been getting stressed out. it felt like i had no time whatsoever for myself. But the most upsetting part was that even after all that hard work, i didnt get the good marks i hoped for. i got quite good in my coursework though. Maybe the cause of my headaches is stress or tension, but i dont think i got THAT stressed, but i was under quite a lot of tension.

I'm open to all suggestions and advice/tips, although i mostly cure my illnesses with ayurvedic medicines and accupressure. I would like to hear from anyone and everyone who might know how to cure this or help with my headaches.

I appreciate all help :D
Thank you

How are you?
From your post it seems very likely that the cause of your headache is tension and anxiety.
Do not lose heart just because you did not get good marks even after working hard. Try to analyze the reasons that led to your below than expected performance and then work towards improving them.
Just relax and continue with your daily activities as usual. Eat and sleep well. You can take a mild OTC painkiller for headache. Take care!

hi i think it is down to being stressed over course work its understandable you can easy get stressed without really wanting to which in its self will give you a migraine attack .
also you mentioned you eat spicey food that in its self will cause attacks aswell i think it  is very important that you keep a food diary of what you are eating and then you can what foods you shouldnt eat . i have suffered with migraine for 28 years now and i always keep a diary of what i can / cant eat i have to be really careful alot of my migraines are stress related tho . have you been to see your GP  about how many migraines you are getting he/she might be able to give you something for them . or they might refer you to a neurologists.
maria
Thanks for your reply DrNoopurMD. I will definetly take your advice and take less stress, and I agree, I should find out the causes for any poor performances.

I'm open to any other suggestions and advice, too. Thanks
Hi Maria, Thanks for your post! Yes, i will take action against the stress and i also think i should start keeping a food diary.

That is a interesting thought, i never thought spicy food could be the cause of my headaches. I'm indian so am always having spicy food, ever since i could remember! But i guess the food diary will tell all.

Thanks for your advice Maria! :)
Im sure you're no longer 15 anymore lol.... Not even sure if you still have this account. But I'm a 33yro mom who is stressed a lot, eats spicy food all the time, am overweight, still eating healthy. I have always had massive migraines/headaches ever since I was 8yro & it's not caused by anything that i have said :(. Mine is a neurological issue. So I guess what I'm asking you is, did you get help with your headaches/migraines?? I hope so :). & I hope this message finds you in good health :D:D!!!