Constant headaches on top of head
Desperate for help. My 6yo has been having constant headaches and stabbing pain right in the centre on the top of her head for 10 weeks without any releif. Pain meds hav not helped, she has had full bloods which came back clear, CT which was NED and MRI which showed abnormalities. Paediatric neurologist says its migraines and to date has tried two seperate anti migraine meds without success. I feel like they are missing something, can anyone help me?
Hi and welcome to the Migraines & Headaches Community.

Treating migraines is a marathon, not a sprint. There is no quick fix-it-all. It is an ongoing process that will likely be for life. You gotta try this med and try that med, then try this one with that one and so forth. It is all trial and error until you find the right medication OR the right COMBO of medications.
Most preventative meds take a good 6-8 wks to even begin working and a full 12 wks for full effect. So, it takes a lot of patience. I don't know what kind of abortive drugs (pain pills) can be given to a 6 yr old. But, usually when I go to the ER they give me Toradol. Ask your doctor for something abortive so, you can at least give her that while waiting for the preventative drugs to kick in. In the meantime here are some over-the-counter tips you can try.

1. There are several symptoms of migraines and what causes the pain of a migraine is the blood vessels in your brain become dilated. So, sometimes it helps it you put a bit of pressure on your head. I am sure you have already been doing this unconsciously with your hands from time to time. So, get a bandanna or a cloth headband and wrap it snugly around your head.
2. If you rub Mentholatum across your forehead and on your temples that helps relax those tense muscles. You can do this with or without the wrap, depending on if you like the heat or not.
3. Try either a cold or hot pack, whichever is more comfy to you.

Good luck and keep us posted.