Migraines & Headaches Community
Constant pressure in the face/nose

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Constant pressure in the face/nose

I have had constant pressure in my face/nose for the last week or so and have no idea what is going on. It doesn't hurt it's just incomfortable. Do you know what could be going on?
  • sinus' and headaches (2 replies):
    Hi, I am 22 year old female who is 27 weeks pregnant, an...[more]
  • Hi (6 replies):
    I went for an eye appointment at the beginning of Octobe...[more]
  • sinus's (2 replies):
    i have sharp pains in the top right side of the head,suf...[more]
  • Pressure in the Forehead (2 replies):
    Hi, I just thought I might post up as I'm a little bit w...[more]
  • pressure (1 replies):
    i have been having pressure in my head for about 4 month...[more]
You could be having sinusitis most probably .It means infection of the sinuses nad usually you would need a course of antibiotics, antihistaminics and some nasal sprays to get better. Breathing exercises and yoga also help. Consult your physician and ask him if he thinks you need to see an ENT specialist. Steam inhalation should also be helpful.
I'ts almost got to be your sinuses.   If it doesn't hurt, then it might not be too bad yet.  Go to the GP, I'm betting you get out of it with just some antibiotics.  In the mean time ask your pharmacist about taking some SUDAFED.  If you are feeling pressure then you need something to drain those cavities.  Good Luck.

Look up Maxillary and Paranasal Sinus on Wikipedia for an idea of why they would cause pressure in the front of your face.

I have this problem periodically. If it goes on for too long (weeks) it may cause more systemic effects. Often I will begin to get the chills, and this motivates me to go to the Doctor. An Antibiotic is usually prescribed over the course of 10 days. It usually eliminates the chills and pressure in the face.

Decongestants are not an option for me as I have an arrhythmia.

If you take an Antibiotic, take it for the length of time prescribed, don't stop taking it if you feel better as the infection is likely to return. Do stop taking it if you have an adverse reaction to it (such as an Allergic Reaction) and notify your Doctor as he/she may be able to prescribe an unrelated medication.

Regards.