Migraines & Headaches Community
Could it be serious

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Could it be serious

Hi. I've been having migraines for the longest. Ppl say its stress but i think it could be something else. I could just be standing there and my head would start pounding, like my heart was in my head. it would hurt to look at lights, it would just hurt to look out of my eyes period. Sometimes it would just be the front of my head. Next it'll be the back. I would take medicine but it never worked. So i would go to sleep and wake up, it'll be the same way. At first it wasnt that bad, but like last yr it was very painful. A couple of times i would almost faint from the pain. Could it be serious?
Which medicines have you tried for your migraine headache? There are medicines available which can actually prevent migraine attacks like atenolol, topamax etc. Have you tried any of these? Also i think you should try and identify the trigger for your migraine attack, i know it is difficult but it is worth a try.Most of the times it is a food product like MSG, sodium nitrate used to preserve hot dogs and bacon, chocolates and cheese, beans etc. Avoid bright lights and noisy places.Please discuss other treatment options with your physician.
You need to get your blood pressure checked with your physician as high blood pressure could cause or aggravate your symptoms. Are you having any vision related problems or any sinusitis? Avoid stress, strong light, loud music or any other factors that trigger the headaches. try some OTC painkillers that you have not used as yet. Antianxiety medication like alprazolam taken for a few days should also help. Try some breathing exercises and yoga. A warm shower, light music or reading a book before you sleep should help you get a sound sleep. Try some breathing exercises and yoga. Avoid alcohol and smoking. Drink plenty of fluids and maintain a healthy diet plan. Goodluck.