Migraines & Headaches Community
Cramping sensation on one side of head?

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Cramping sensation on one side of head?

This is only the second or third time this has happened to me . . .
I was having a conversation when quite suddenly I had a cramp-like feeling throughout my left hear, eft side of my jaw, nose (again near the left side), beneath my jaw on he left (I think where my gland is?) and up into my left brow bone. It started witht he ear and spread within a minute or so to the other areas . . . in all cases the worst pain was very breif, maybe five minutes, and less sever pain (such as the jaw and ear cramping sensation but only when I move my mouth) for up to half and hour.
I am a nineteen year old female college student on winter break . . . What could this be and should I be concerned? The pain, though brief, is almost crippling.

I have felt that before and what helped me is getting in to a nice fresh room with lights off. If your a college student it's probably because your brain is working extra.