Crawling under scalp?
Hi my name is Robyn. I am 25 years old. I have type 2 diabetes but otherwise in pretty good health. My question is that for the last year, I have been feeling the sensation of like a worm crawling under my scalp. It twitches, I can even put my finger on the area and feel my scalp twitch. I am really freaked out!!!!!!!! PLEASE can any DOCTOR tell me what's going on!? I do have a history of migraines...
Hi Robyn,
What other symptoms are present? This could also be due to specific form of paresthesia, formication,  a sensation which exactly resembles that of small insects crawling on or under the skin.  This could be caused by hormone changes or diabetic neuropathy. If it persists, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Regular monitoring of your blood sugar is highly recommended. Take care and do keep us posted.