Migraines & Headaches Community
Crossed Eyes - ocular migraine symptoms?

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Over the summer (late June to early August) I went to the optometrist to get my eyes checked.  I have been experiencing a ring of light and temporary loss of vision to one eye for some time now and that’s what got me to the doctor’s office.   She checked my retinas which looked good and told me that what I’m experiencing are ocular migraines.  Now I’m experiencing something else.  Recently in the past two months I have been experiencing one eye crossing on its own.  It’s happen twist now, today and several weeks back.  Suddenly I felt my left eye moving inward, in the same manner that you would move your eyes if you wanted to cross them.  Of course my vision goes blurry and I have to blink several times until I can feel my eye and vision re-adjust.  The whole thing doesn’t last long (at most 2 -3 minutes) and after it is over I am left with a subtle pain/headache to the left side of my head.  The eye crossing is freaking my out.  Is this also a symptom of ocular migraines?    
I would suggest that you see an opthamologist instead of an optometrist and also a neurologist.  Good luck.