Migraines & Headaches Community
Cyst -Occipital head

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Cyst -Occipital head

I had an extremely bad headache while at work over a week ago. At that time i realized there was a not on the left side of the back of my head. it is very painful and over the week the pain and tenderness of that side of my head progressively got worse. So tender i could not move my hair around without it hurting. Extremely tender to the touch. My head continued to hurt no stop through out this how week. Then the left side of my face by my upper cheek bone to my temple was very lightly numb. I decided to go to the er at this point. It was also very sore and tender to the touch. I went to the er and they gave me a cat scan and said i have a cyst. how dangerous is this and what exactly am i looking at having to do ? i have no insurance and am very concerned..My head also feels like it is a slight fog. And i am anxious.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? There are many types of cyst such as sebacious cysts, pilar cysts and other skin conditions such as folliculitis. You need to discuss the results with your doctor for proper management. Direct clinical examiantion is important. Treatment also depends on the underlying cause.  Excision and pain medications may be done to help provide relief. Take care and do keep us posted.