DHE treatments
I have to make a choice between DHE treatments or a botox injection. I was wondering if anyone has had either one of these threatments done and what was the outcome. any help is greatly needed.
Why do you have to make a choice? I have been hospitalized for dhe protocols in the past and have a dhe shot along with all the other meds when a migraine gets out of control. I have also recently had my 2nd botox treatment and know that botox is more of a long term, not quck acting type thing the way dhe is. Botox took about a week or two for me to start noticing anything at all and then it was minimal. Botox slowly starts taking effect, builds up over several weeks, then slumps back off again from what I've experienced.

Both work well but I would talk to your doctor about dhe shots when you are in bad shape but Botox for an extended outcome.
thank you. I have cronic migrains and they have a name but I forgot it. But meds are not working anymore. So they want to try one of these. they are giving me  the option to chose because they have watched me try everything else with no help. but because of other health problems they have to put me in inorder to do them. Dec 16 the the BIG day. I find out when I go in.