Migraines & Headaches Community
Day AFTER migraine question

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Day AFTER migraine question

The day after I've had a migraine, I notice that whenever I cough or sneeze, the pain in my head is quite horrid and to be honest, it scares the daylights out of me. Is this fairly common? Can anyone tell me why it happens? I've tried to convince myself it's just because my blood vessels are "sore" from the expanding and contracting of the migraine, but some reassurance would be greatly appreciated. Am also wondering if anyone else feels what I call a "migraine hangover." I'm very tired and lethargic, just feel generally lousy..........nothing very specific, just an over-all sort of mind/body exhaustion with a feeling that my brain is too big for my skull.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and I will look forward to any words of wisdom you have to offer.
Regards,
Linda  
I'm also experiencing this "migraine hangover"...
what could be the best explanation for this?
thanks in advans for the answers!
bump
The hangover seems to be pretty common for me. I had a migraine last friday. I fought it for about 6 hours before taking an Imitrex (dumb) and it knocked it out in about a half hour but the next day I was exhausted and moody.  It has happened to me before. It feels as if all of the feel good chemicals have been wiped out leaving me feeling very blah and depressed and even a little naseaus. This can last a few days for me.  I am going to see a headache specialist in NYC next week to see if there is something that can help me get past those first few days post migraine. I thought maybe I was suffering from depression but i'm only depressed during these headache phases.

Paul