Migraines & Headaches Community
Dizziness, headaches when weather changes

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

4345742?1239558993
I am in my 50's and have been lucky enough to be able to old enough to pay attention to my body and how it changes and what happens and when it changes.  I notice that when the weather changes, the day before it changes I get either dizzy or tired or feel like I am going to be really sick.  It usually is followed with a sinus headache.  Sometimes, half of the time I wake up with them.

I am a seizure patient so I am already on Topomax (topamax) 1200 mg a day which helps me not get the migrains that I used to have, but that is not why I am on Topomax (topamax), I am on that medication for seizure control.  Now that I am older, it seems like the dizziness is worse to where on some days I slurr my words as well as not be able to read, and that is before a headache is even there.

Is there something that I need to be concerned about??

i get deep sinus pressure and dizziness (not vertigo) daily but when the weather is about to change it all gets worse. the dizziness feels like im on a boat kinda bobbing up and down and to the side a little and everything in front of me seems to be in slight motion. it gets spooky. my doctor says i dont have allergies or an infection, just swollen sinuses. she thinks the post nasal drip is causing the dizziness because its clogging my eustachian tube. i also read a legit article that linked migraines to weather changes. it must be the air pressure. some people are really sensitive to it i guess.