Migraines & Headaches Community
Dizziness

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Dizziness

I have been having dizziness when i hold my head down or when i lay down at night periodically. Also, i have been having headaches with sharp pains. What is it? What should i do?
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.
It is important to consult a doctor and get a physical examination done. This is to detect whether the occurrence of headaches and dizziness are interdependent or not. Migraine, labyrinthitis, ear infection, cluster headaches, viral infections, low blood pressure, anxiety, panic attacks, hypoglycaemia all can lead to dizziness and headaches. Take adequate rest and take acetaminophen for relief in pain. Seek the opinion of a primary care physician. He may further refer you to a specialist based on the clinical findings. Keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!