Does this sound like Aura w/out migraine?
I am a Traumatic Brain Injury Survivor since 1999
Over the last 5 months or so I have been having the onset of prismatic/twirling come in on my peripheral vision and into main field as time has progressed. I have it one eye or both at times and can not see for approx 20 minutes each time.Since TBI my head hurts every day BUT I am not really getting the headache to follow.
How is a diagnosis determined and what other test should I have to find the cause??
BeenSquished,

Sounds like the classic Aura.  Happy to hear it dosen't become a full migraine.  Does your head hurt where the injury occurred?  In any case a Neurologist would be most helpful for you.  Good luck and God Bless!
How are you? Aside from migraine aura, other differentials include post traumatic injury  syndrome, optic neuropathies.  It is important to establish whether the symptoms are continuous or intermittent, whether the images are formed or unformed and whether there is an associated visual deficit. Have this checked by your doctor or be referred to an neurologist  for proper management. Take care and do keep us posted.
Thank you/both for your responses

I live in a rural area and we don't have a Neuro so will have to travel to see one.I just want to make certain I ask all the right questions.
Since TBI the more HELP the merrier :)

To Dr Santos~ what I am experiencing does it call for immediate attention? The reason I am asking is I am in the midst of finding out if I have breast cancer and my time is limited(as I have to travel far for that).I have PTSD and I can only really handle so much at a time :)

If of course it is something to be looked into Right Away ~I will

Again thanks for popping into my thread and I'll keep you up to date when I know more
Dear BeenSquished,

You might consider arranging  a Neurology visit where you are evaluated for Breast Cancer.  Ask the facility to help you set this up because you have PTSD.  They usually have Social Workers on staff to help with such matters and could help with some of the leg work to make that happen at that visit.

It will be best for you to make an inventory of symptoms by writing them down so you can give it to the Neurologist.  This will reduce the stress level immensly allowing you to focus on what is of primary importance - you, and your health!

On a personal note, I occassionally have auras that grow to encompass the entire visual field but do not always precede migraines.  My guess is that this would be good news for you because you are not getting migraines.  But as always, it is best to consult your Doctors.
Thank you for your update. I agree with Eddie1994 that you have these two conditions checked when you go to your hospital or health facility. Writing down your symptoms is a good idea and will indeed be very helpful to your attending physician. Take care and hope to hear your update soon.