Migraines & Headaches Community
Enlarged Vein on Forehead

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Enlarged Vein on Forehead

I have a enlarged vein on my forehead that just came up yesterday.  It was very enlarged yesterday and has gone down now somewhat.  You can feel a pulse through it.  I had a Migraine yesterday, but with my medications it went away, however the vein has not gone away.
Any suggestions.
Cathy
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Vascular headache is one type of headache. This involves rapid changes in the artery size due to spasm constriction in response to some trigger. As a result, arteries in the brain and scalp then dilate, and throbbing pain is perceived in the head.  Migraine headaches are the most common type of vascular headache. The pain of may be described as intense, throbbing, or pounding and is felt in the forehead, temple, ear, jaw, or around the eye. It is important to identify your migraine triggers so that this can be prevented. This will eventually resolve in a couple of days.

I hope this helps.Take care and keep us posted.

Enlarged vein can be due to the migraine headache. Excessive stress also makes the veins more prominent. I do not think it is something to get alarmed out but next time when it happens, do get yourself evaluated.
Hi,I am a 23 years old female.For the past few months,I had noticed veins pooping out in my foreheard which can last for days.I have no headache or migraine whenever I see a visible vein in my forehead.One of my aunt who is a nurse told me that it could either I am thin or that could be because of less hydration in my body.However,I would still like to double check.

Any suggestions??
I am bipolar and I am am in treatment
I have a antidepression pill
An Anti anxiaty pill and a Seroquail at night
I am also ADD so they gave me a Anfethamine medicin
I have the Injection Depo vera as a birth control
I am 33 and always was physically healthy

In my forehead there is a Vein on one side thta pop out
the head hurt a little during the day

I have no idea what it is?
i am having the same problem :(
I just had a vein pop up today and it won't go away. It's on my left temple, and since I noticed it I have odd little symptoms like tingling on the left side of my face or arm (probably my imagination on overtime...) but I hope it isn't serious!
Hello

I just tonight noticed my veins around my temples popping out-occasionally I can see them on the temples through the skin and they are flat. Tonight, they are more prominent and the left side is bulging up into the left side of my scalp-very alarming. I have had some work related stressful news today, 3 different pieces of news, I do not appear to have a headache, only noticed this when washing face tonight. Any advice?