Excruciating Pain on Left Temple
I have severe sinus issues which seem to be more effected with this crazy weather (cold and rain).  I just got through with medication for a sinus infection.  I was enjoying an afternoon with my children,  baking and watching cartoons when all of a sudden I got excruciating pain in my left temple.  It wasn't throbbing---it was more like a nagging pain with lots of deep pressure.  I was so alarmed that it stopped me right in my tracks!  I took some motrin yet it took a while for the pain to subside. Then,  as I was watching a sad movie that made me cry,  the pain came back.  Very sharp.  Horrible.  Uncomfortable.  Is this related to my sinus?  Can the pain spread to the ear,  neck,  and part of the scalp?  

My best freind said that this headache sounds more like a tension headache.  Not sure but I was worried.  The pain is gone now but I still feel pressure on both temples.  I recently had an MRI done plus bloodwork as part of my annual physical.  I am in great health.  No vitamin deficiencies,  anemia,  heart problems,  etc.   Just wondering what headache this is and has anyone ever experienced such excruciating pain?
Sinus pain will be restricted to the sinuses like the forehead and close to the medical canthus of eyes along with cheeks. From your symptoms it looks like tension headache to me. Moreover it is good that your MRI had come out normal. Tension headache is due to contraction of muscles in shoulders, neck, scalp and jaw, related to stress, depression, foods like chocolate, caffeine. These are both sided starting from the back of head spreading forward.

Also, keep a headache calendar for at least two months. Each time you get a headache, jot down a description of the pain, including how severe it is, where it's located and how long it lasts and any medications you take. You can take OTC painkillers like acetaminophen or ibuprofen after talking to your doctor. These may help.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you for rthe reply.  I actually do feel tenderness below my left eye,  the area where us women put concealer (make-up).  I noticed that after watching a very sad movie which made me cry the pain in my temple came back and "pinched" me.  It was another sharp shooting pain.  Then, the fullness remains.  And right now,  after taking a cold brisk walk,  I feel the pain again.  It really does come and go.  It is very hard to describe but I hope that I am making some sense. lol.