Experiencing weird head symptoms
Since last Friday I've been experiencing head pressure, headaches that change position and a burning sensation in my head that also changed position. I have a very stiff neck that also tends to get the burning sensation. My throat is tight and my eyes have pressure behind then and sometimes burn. I went to the hospital on Christmas night and had blood taken and a CT scan and everything came back okay. It has almost been a week and I'm still experiencing these symptoms off and on. The doc at the hospital has no clue what could be wrong and just told me to take Advil regularly for 72 hrs. However it does nothing for me. What could I be experiencing? The Friday that this occurred I was laying down, rolled over and felt a pop somewhere in my head, then almost immediately after experienced these symptoms.
Hi there,
A complete evaluation is must for correct clinical diagnosis and management. This severe neck pain, stiffness and headache could be due to cervical spondylitis.Other causes of your headache could be migraines, tension headaches and cluster headaches. Take adequate rest and sleep. Some headaches may have serious causes while others may not need immediate medical attention. Do seek second opinion if you are not satisfied with your doctor’s diagnosis. I hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!
How are you? What other symptoms are present? It is good that the blood and CT scan results were normal. This suggests that these headaches could be due to primary headaches such as migraine or tension headaches. Further evaluation may need to be done and a referral to a neurologist may be beneficial. Take care and hope all is well. Do keep us posted and best regards.