Migraines & Headaches Community
Face tingles/Muscle Twitches/Head pain? Help

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

It started a few months ago with pressure. Then turned into headaches, i have had no relief. The pain is everyday. Its no longer a headache i would say, but more of sharp pains in head and a constant pressure type feeling. But just recently i started having face tingles, all over body twitches. My muscles twitch all over the place, i also have bone pain in my fngers, and hand/wrist. The back of my head hurts to move when im lying on it, like to turn my head. I also have this weird click noise in my head, usally when walking, or straining. My head pain is worse when i laugh, cough, bend over. My left ear seems to ring alot more, Im scared to death its a brain tumor, im convinced it is. Any thoughts? im really worried.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Tumor headache is unlikely because it usually presents with pain that progressively worsens, projectile vomiting, possible visual disturbances speech or personality changes; problems with equilibrium, gait, or coordination and even seizures.If you have pain when you laugh, cough or bend over, this may be due to exertion headaches, which is a generalized head pain of short duration during or following physical/passive exertion. This type of headache also occurs with migraine or cluster headaches. However, it is important that you have this checked by your doctor and have imaging studies done to determine the underlying cause and to rule out organic causes such as tumor.  Take care ad regards.
Hi, I also developed head pain in the side of my head a year ago. prior to that i just had lots of pressure in my forhead and stuff but no actual ache anywhere else so i always thought maybe i needed reading glasses to help me from squinting at the t.v  or road or something but the eye dr said nope im fine.  then on eday im on my computer and i got three dull sharp pains in the side of my head.   I got scared and called my grandma to come over to help me with my daughter b/c i was worried i was having a stroke or something or aneurysm.  I had it every day even now. from wake to sleep time and in between when i wake to go to the bathroom.  I have it all the time.  dull and even recently i have fuzzy feeling in my cheeks and head almost a burn and numbing feeling in the side of my head and face.  At first i thought it was just my sinus b/c the ENT found polyps in my sinuses and a deviated septum so he did surgery on me i was hoping that would mean all this would go away.  But its been three months or four and i feel the same. along with the tingles in my face and such.  I notice that stress and worrying about what it could be makes me feel worse and that is when i develop nausea and worse tingles and start getting worse head pain too ,  that is from the anxiety of worrying about it.  when i try to keep busy that goes away and it doesnt feel so bad.  also what helps is washing the irritants from the air in the house and outside , dander , dust etc out of my sinuses ,  so irrigate.  go buy a neti pot or something like it and irrigate two or more times a day , you cannot over do that b/c it does not hurt you.  I try to avoid stress which is hard b/c i have a family, kids etc. husband.  lol.   but I try to avoid triggers and i try not to worry so much or i feel even more sick than i really might be.   I have to wait two months to get a ct scan and neck xray and MRI b/c i do not have insurance till May 1st b/c my husband switched jobs in january.  so we had a waiting period.  so i have to make do for another month and a half or so.  so in the meantime im trying really hard to not scare myself into thinking its a tumor or aneurysm or arteritis etc.    my mom just informed me that she had the same exact issues as me and like yours above,  turned out it was migraines and stress anxiety related symptoms.  amytriptolene helped her and trying to stay calm and relaxed so she had to quit her daycare in our home.  etc.  but she was not dying.  then she was in her 30s now she is in her 50s  
that post above was to you not a question, sorry i didnt put the to on there
Please get checked for Lyme Disease and make sure to insist on the WESTERN BLOT (not ELISA TEST as it is inaccurate.) Good luck!