Migraines & Headaches Community
Facial pressure with headaches and muscle twitches

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

I'm a 30 year old male who for the last 8 months has had some strange facial symptoms. My most common symptom (almost every day) is pressure along the bridge of my nose (sometimes with itchiness at the corners of the eyes) and between the eyebrows as well as headaches at the temples. When it gets worse it then radiates across the brow ridge, then down my cheek to the corner of my mouth with a mild burning/numb sensation. Those symptoms are only on the right side. Occasionally I get muscle twitches in the eyelids and eye brows. I have a deviated septum (also blocking the right side) which has gotten worse over the last few years, and my doctor sent me to an ENT to look for chronic sinusitis. A sinus CT came back normal and the ENT couldn't really tell me whether my symptoms were related to my deviated septum. It feels like the nasal blockage and the facial pains are related, but I'm not sure. Could this be a nerological issue?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Facial pressure or pain are often associated with sinus infection or inflammation. The presence of deviated septum may be contributory to your chronic sinusitis. It is best that you see your ENT for proper evaluation. Direct clinical examination is important and antibiotics may be indicated. Take care and do keep us posted.