Flashes of light
Sometimes when i close my eyes i see a little white light in the left hand corner of my left eye and it moves all the way to the other side of my eye and goes away. This basically happens when im getting ready for bed but has happened other times as well. I do also see flashes before i get migraines but this is not the same. I am 26 yrs and a female.
I have nothing to help but I do know this is a form of phosphenes.  This sounds similar to what I've been experiencing the last few migraines I've had.  I would love to hear what the rest of the community has to say as well.
How are you? Visual aura or symptoms usually are observed before an attack of migraine. But they can appear by themselves and can be quite debilitating also. Visual symptoms include visual snow, zigzag lines, flashing lights and temporary blind spots. With regards to phosphenes, this is a phenomenon when one sees light without light entering the eye. This may result from stimulation of the visual system's from some stimulus other than light such as mechanical, electrical, or magnetic stimulation of the retina or visual cortex. This can also be due to random firing of cells in the visual system. If it persists, have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Take care and best regards.
I have them, too,
usually at bedtime before I go to sleep.

My theory is our eyes are tired from the light all day and somehow this affects
our brain,
as the light can be a migraine trigger.

I have migraine without aura, so normally I don't have these before
a headache phase as a warning,
but only when I close my eyes.