Frequent, painful headaches

The past almost month I have been experiencing painful headaches on a daily basis. They seem to be gradually getting worse over time. I have taken the recommended amount of over the counter medication will no relief. The headache is located on the top to front of my head and down to both temples. Sometimes I have to strain my eyes to focus on print, though I have always had near perfect vision. Bright lights also do not help the headaches any. I have no past history of migraines so I don't know if that's what I am experiencing. Any ideas to what could be causing this or suggestions? Thanks
How are you? Was there history of head  trauma or injury in the past? What other symptoms are present? Migraine headaches usually present with one sided throbbing headaches and may be triggered with various factors such as weather or hormone changes, food, lack of sleep, among others. Associated symptoms such as sensitivity to light and sound, nausea and vomiting may also be present. If it persists, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. A referral to an opthalmologist may also  help rule out eye issues. Headache journal may be used to identify possible triggers to avoid. Take care and do keep us posted.