Fuzzy Head
For two years now, I have had this light headed, non-spinning, VERY fuzzy. The way I describe it is that I feel like I have cotton balls or something in my head.  My head doesn't HURT.. and I am not spinning.. But I just have this sensation that makes me feel like I want to close my eyes.  It is even worse when I am in stores where I have to look at a  lot of things, and it often makes me feel very nauseous. I feel like I always want to lay down and close my eyes, and feel this way from the moment I wake up until the moment I go to bed.

I have gotten many blood test, and EKG and and echocardiogram on my heart.  I feel like I should get a brain scan, or something, but the doctors keep telling me I shouldn't worry since nothing is showing up.  But It is so frustrating, and some days I just start crying and get really upset, because I keep thinking I have a tumor or cancer or something.  

So then I get anxiety, which obviously escalates my symptoms.  However, the doctors are like, well maybe you are feeling this was because you keep thinking you are dying and that you are worried. But I'm like..."I'm feeling worried because I have these symptoms!!" Do you know how I feel?  

lately I have been having this headache feeling that feels like head pressure (which the doctors think is a tension headache from stress, as well as chest pain/heaviness, which I also think is from my worrying.  I'm just so sick of dealing with this!)

I just want to figure out what is wrong.  I eat extremely healthy, do yoga, get acupuncture, meditate, etc.

ahhh. Does anyone have any reassuring words or any idea of what I could have??
1)  I have a new suggestion to those who talk about being tired plus the fuzzy head, etc.  A lot of people with sleep apnea don't know that they have it.  A sleep study may be a good idea.

2)  Also, the overload of the senses and fatique and some of the other symptoms could be from chronic fatigue syndrome or fibromyalgia which does have treatments for it.

3)   And one person who thought it might be from menopause--right on.  I felt that my brain was not working well at all.  For example, I had trouble finding my car, forgot to order at the order window at a fast food restaurant, was checking out at the counter of a clothing store only to realize that I still had something on over my clothes that belonged to the store!!!  It all stopped when I got estrogen replacement.  Definately from menopause.  Plus some of us felt something like an electrical current going through our brains.

None of this may fit, but just a possible suggestions.
Hi all,

First of all I just want to say that Jason, your advice regarding ongoing exposure to allergens may be very accurate!

I've had daily fuzzy head, poor concentration, chronically blocked nose, pressure in my head (at times) and slightly ringing ears for about 4 years. I often feel like I havent gotten a good sleep though I seem to sleep fine. These symptoms are present most of the time but vary in severity.

Recently I bought a dyson vaccum and an air purifyer for my room and my symptoms seem to have reduced HUGELY! Yes I still have fuzzy head, and it does still affect me at work, but much less than it did. I have carpet in my bedroom and I am hoping that when we move away from carpet, this will help even more.

I've always had asthma and very sensitive to animals (sneeing, runny nose, itchy eyes).

My fuzzy head symptoms used to be sooooooooooo bad that I didnt want to do anything or see anyone. I didnt feel safe to drive and I was quite depressed because I felt like there was something seriously wrong and I didnt know how to tell a doctor and I was actually probably scared to tell my doctor.

I hope that some time soon I can go back to being sharp and alert and be free of these symptoms completely. I still feel very strongly that they are related to allergies or intollerances.
Hi Fuzz, I got totally animated reading your description.  I was thinking yup thats me... I too have had this for 4yrs now. You feel like your heads filling up with water, eyes are bulging, your ears are hot and sore, jaw hurts and sometimes you feel like the back of your head and neck are made of cement...

I also have tinnitus which is constant and the fuzziness is there more often than not.

I can't help with a cure, but I am a beauty therapist and I find that Indian head massage really helps.  Even just getting a member of your family to do this and get them to concentrate on the eyebrow, nose, ears, jaw, head and neck.

This doesn't take the fuzziness away but the only way I can describe it is this...

When you dont have this and you go for a massage you come out feeling a little woozy and that fuzziness is there then.  The funny thing is, that that feeling is nice, a little funny and you feel relaxed and want to have a nap.....  Sound familiar???

The problem is that that feeling is nice short term and when your relaxing and pampering yourself but no good when you have it 24/7 and cant function properly.

Now your probably thinking, okay.... so if massage makes you feel like that anyway..... why is she telling me to do it????????

The fact is that it confuses the fuzziness... your body expects to feel that way so it kind of numbs it.

Another thing is that once you've had this for a certain length of time you realise that you have to deal with it the best you can.  Another way of doing this is to remember that the fuzziness (not the tinnitus) is only a problem when trying to function.  Don't stress about it when your relaxing too.... Give yourself a break.

This may sound silly but perhaps not to people who have this...

I'm fortunate in one way.... Having tinnitus and the fuzziness only allows me to ***** about one or the other day to day....Ha!

I have the symptoms of fuzzy head and forgetfulness too.  Its been going on for  3 months now.  I am also suffering from the ringing in my ears.    All these symptoms are sporatic.   Lately I have been getting the fuzziness for a longer period of time and then I get a headache or migrane.   I am having menapausal hot flashes and this makes it all worse.  I get sick to my stomach alot too.
I am going in for an MRI on my brain this week.  After reading about all of the other postings, I think it will come back without any information of what is going on.
I am trying not to get too depressed about this.   I started a new job earlier this year and was wondering if it has anything to do with this.  
Some have said that their enviorment has contributed to this.
Thanks for postings.  Please keep them coming.
It's good that you are getting an MRI.  However most of the symptoms that you describe are very common in women who go through menopause--the fuzzy head, forgetfulness, headaches, migraines, and depression.  You may consider low levels of hormone replacement therapy.  (Do you know that you are listed as a male on your name.)  It could help you tremendously.  I don't know what age you are.  I could help you with benefits of taking estrogen if you indicate your age.  

What medication are you taking for your migraines?  How often are they?  I know a lot about treatments for them and would be happy to help in that way.

Wish you the best.

Sara
Thanks for your great write-up above.  I think that you will find a further huge difference from going to non-carpeting with just a few rugs. Not only do carpets hold dust and mold, but they also tend to have a lot of toxic chemicals in them, especially if they are newer.  I too have allergies.  Our entire house has no carpeting.  I don't use any scented products and watch everything that comes into our house.

Also, sometimes we have more than one problem. When you mention about your sleeping, perhaps you could use a sleep study to see if you could have sleep apnea.

Good luck.

Sara
Hi Laureen , it seems that i have the same sypmtoms, I am desesperate, how do you solve it ? I would appreciate too much if you reply me .
Hi Laureen , it seems that i have the same sypmtoms, I am desesperate, how do you solve it ? please reply me .
I have been reading these posts and also think that everyone suffers from low level migraines.  I have all these symptoms (fuzzy head, forgetfulness, inability to concentrate, a feeling of being distant etc..).  During bad attacks I also suffer from severe vomiting  lasting up to four days.   Once the severe vomiting was so violent it caused my face to bruise around my eyes and on another occasion an ambulance had to take me to hospital to give me water on a drip.   I could not even hold down a teaspoon of water and was dehydrated.  The Triptan family of drugs is the only cure.  I take Zolmitriptan but any of the triptans are brilliant.    These drugs make you feel amazingly normal and even prevent the bad attacks coming on.

Sumatriptan, Rizatriptan, Zolmitriptan etc.  are the only cure
It's funny that on this website, especially the Migraine one, people don't respond very much compared to two other websites.  I've stopped posting as much on this one, because you feel that you put yourself out and then get no response.  On another one in particular, there are many responses.  Oh well.

I saw your post and have exactly same symptoms as you.  What did the doctor describe for you to help eliminate the fuzziness and forgetfulness. It fair weighs you down.  Were you tired all the time?  I am going through the menopause too.  
Fuzziness and forgetfulness can be a problem with migraines.  The only help for it with my migraines is to get the pain controlled.  If you need any suggestions on treatments, let me know what the doctor has offered you so far.

However, my very worst forgetfulness and fuzziness was when I went through menopause.  I can tell you story after story about what I went through.  Estrogen was the fix for that as well as other menopause symptoms that I had.  If you are taking it at an earlier age, (than say women in their mid-50s) the studies show that it actually helps with cardiovascular health and even breast cancer!
P.S.  I was extremely tired all the time during my menopause until I got estrogen treatment.
Can alcohol be the cause?
Could it be cause of alcohol ..or maybe the altitude..
Hi i no exaxtly what your talkin about. I called mine brain fog. allways there and never leaves.. Mine was caused by stress and deppresion. i didnt think i had either but after three years i finnaly figured it out.. Made a drastic life change and got better. It will work it self out.. Hope you get well.. If you want someone who understands look me up.. from your foggy freind  mike
I've had exactly the same condition for six years now, and no one else around me seems to 'get it'... so it's a relief to know others are going through the same thing. I think the fuzziness may be a chronic tension headache. Gradually it does appear to be going though, but that is by only doing the following:

1. Cut out caffeine completely, the headaches seem to be exacerbated by anxiety so cut out any stimulants. (Hangovers make them 10x worse)
2. Plenty of sleep really helps. 9 hours seems work for me.
3. Hard neck massages improve blood flow to your head and help clear the fuzziness (here's a stufy related to this http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1447303/). (Stretching and Yoga also help).
4. Cut out exercise that strains your neck. I used to row, and since stopping they've definitely got better.
5. Whenever I'm tired they get worse, so avoid 'carb crashes' at lunch time and have a healthy diet with plenty of fruit.

I'm intrigued as to whether cutting out milk and wheat works, so I'll be sure to try that and report back : )

Good luck!

Dalton
I am so excited to find this...I've had what I call my "fuzzy feeling" for 7+ years now and have more or less just been putting up with it...you have all helped inspire me to start taking steps to (hopefully, someday!) remedy the problem. It would be amazing to feel "clear" and present in everyday life.
Mike -  I'm going through what I call Brain Fog.  (I think a lot of trouble on this site is that we are using the same terms to describe different things).  What sparks my interest is:  you said you didn't think it was depression at first.   Why didnt you think it was depression, and what made you change you mind?
I have been having the "fuzzy head" off and on for the past several months. Although, I suffered from this very badly about 25 years ago but it went away unless I was under a lot of pressure at work. I feel like I have had about 3 drinks.... very hard to focus. I feel light headed and unable to concentrate or even speak clearly. I know what I want to say but it doesn't come out correctly. Very frustrating to say the least! I also have loud ringing in my ears and some hearing loss.

I thought I was alone until I read these posts this morning and it made me feel better that I am not the only one suffering with this fuzzy feeling! We do have carpet... and have not thought that could cause it. Has anyone else removed their carpeting and had their symptoms improve? A friend told me it's probably an allergic reaction to pollen or other things in the air. I have not gone to any doctors yet...  Any other posts would be helpful. This is NOT any fun!! It's hard to get anything productive done when I feel this way!

Thanks!!
I've had these same feelings.  Foggy, pressure in my head, more at the base of the back of my head and would surface towards the front.  

All this actually started when I went to the chiropractor for my lower back pain.  He helped that immensely but right after he fixed me I had an immediate dizzy feeling and was very nauseated.  The feelings are not as intense but have not gone away.  I thought at first it was my eyes but just got my eyes checked and everything is fine.

I feel that it has more to do with how my brain is processing images and maybe he moved something in my neck that shouldn't have been moved.  I am now terrified to go back to any chiropractor.  I just went to the doctors to have blood work done to make sure it isn't a sugar problem or thyroid issue (since both things run in my family).  If everything comes back normal, which i assume it will.  I might have to check out another chiropractor and see if something is mis-aligned.  

Has anyone been to a chiropractor....???
I'm having something like this - it started after I was having headaches for 2 weeks almost non-stope.  The headaches are furthe rapart, but I still have this full/cotton head feeling.  I'm pretty sure this is related to sinus issues.  There's a slight imbalance related to this, also.
I got excellent care for my lower back pain from a physical therapist who did work on me that was very intense, but nothing like the trauma that I've had at chiropractors' offices.  And she taught me how to do the strong adjustments to my back myself with some purchased tools.  I would NEVER go to a chiropractor's office again because I have since learned that the kind of major stroke that I had can be caused by a chiropractic adjustment.  I have lasting terrible disabilities from that stroke 5 years later which are permanent.
omg I too am suffering terribly with the fuzzy heads.

I have seen my GP...ENT specialist ....2 Neurologists.... I have had CT Scan....MRI Scan....Balance Tests...Blood Tests and still no further on!!

My MRI Scan did show that I had small ventricles for my age (then 40 - now 49) but it was nothing of a concern.

My 2nd neurologist put me on betablockers to see if they helped and he thought it might be a form of migrane.  The tablets didn't do anything so I stopped taking them.....neurologist discharged me and told me to go back to my GP if any further problems.

Went back to my GP couple months ago and was put on tablets for high blood pressure (184/110)....I don't think its blood pressure that's causing these heads because my blood pressure has gone back to normal.

These heads are so debilitating and really get me down........surely there must be SOMETHING that is causing it?   I am going through the change but no doctor has yet told me its menopausal..........

HELP I feel I am going crazy!!!!
After reading though many of the comments, I am relieved to find out that there are others out there who experience what I have always called the "fuzzy head" feeling. It's so hard to describe to other people that I don't even try to anymore. I am wondering if there are other who experience a worsening of the feeling while driving (motion sickness?) I also find that while exercising, the fuzzy head decreases. Also, some doctors have told me that this might be a post viral condition? I had mono about 2 years ago and the fuzzy head feeling has persisted ever since. Any others had a viral condition? I also have mean diagnoses with neurally mediated hypotension... Any others relate? Thanks for the help
Lauren I know exactly what you are talking about. Fuzzy feeling in head, feeling like you're not actually there, anxiety. There is psychological disorder known as depersonalization or derealization disorder which is caused by extreme stress, anxiety, or a traumatizing event. I was diagnosed with this disorder about 9 months ago and just now beginning to live totally symptom free. It takes a TON of patience. Key things are: acceptance, realize that it's temporary and that you will get better, exercise, eat healthy, distract yourself by doing certain activities/hobbies, and once you start to come back to reality, don't look back.
So sorry that I didn't know about your response until now.  How often do you get these migraines?  If less than 3 times a week, then you should get a strong pain killer by prescription to treat them.  If they are more than 2 times a week, then you cannot take any pain reliever without risking getting non-stop rebound migraines.  In that case you should be taking daily preventative migraine medication which is also by prescription.  Your migraines should not be from menopause, at least not that I've ever heard about.  If you have already tried these treatments, there are more treatments available.  Let me know, if you're still on this site after it's been so long. Nobody should suffer so much.
This is so interesting! I am at work now but researching fuzzy head as its making me feel so sick right now. I really struggle to concentrate and I am so tired all the time.

It started about 7 months ago, I remember it was just before I left my last job when I was feelin greally stressed so I assumed it was this, I had also tried to cut down my caffine intake at the same time which I thought may be the reason. I don't have it all the time so I havnet worried enough to go to the doctors. Apart from I did go about a sinus infection as I had sinus pain round my eyes and nose and front of my forehead .The doctor said I didn't have sinusitis so didn't give me anything, he just told me to stop taking pain killers. I have been using a nasal spray convinced it was sinus related but it hasnt helped that much, and have now been using that twice a day for the last month.

I am really interested in what you said about a food intolerance as I am a  bit of an allergy kid anyway, allergic to cat hair, dust, nuts and soya! You mentioned oats...I hadn't had porridge since I was about 7 years old and I started eating it around 7 - 8 months ago, every day!! I will definately try to stop etaing it for a while and see if it makes a difference.

Also as someone else mentioned about checking B12 levels. I had a bad stomach bug last year, 2 in a row in fact followed by cold after cold after cold! I then spent about 4 months feeling exhausted and thirty. It really took it out of me. Once the constant thirst went and the tiredness remained I went to see the doctor who checkled my B12 levels with a blood test. They were low so I had a course of B12 injections. Felt SO mcuh better until the last couple of months where I have started feeling very tired again although not as bad as before. Going on holiday for 2 weeks soon, hope that will re-charge my batteries as I have just had another B12 test and my levels are normal now.

Hey everyone! I just discovered my original post... over 4 years ago! It's amazing to see how much this post has grown... I wish you were all here when I was going through all these symptoms! Unfortunately it seems to have gained popularity years after I left this site.

Just wanted to update you all.  Amazing, and annoyingly, all of my symptoms went away on their own.  I know this isn't helpful, but hopefully it gives you hope that they can go away.  

Looking back, I think veganism was a bad choice for me. i was vegan for 4 years, and am now a big time grassfed meat eating, dairy, local eggs, and tons of organic local veggies.  

I wish you all the best!
Lauren,  I think it's terrific that it went away by itself.  I'm wondering why you think that the Vegan diet wasn't so good.  Did you notice a change soon after you stopped it?  Thanks for your posting.  Sara
I'm 28, and have had similar feelings/symptoms for about 7 years. Although they have worsened in the the past 2-3.

No pain, just feeling constantly tired, and not with it. No matter how inactive or active I am, or how much sleep I have had.

This coincides with my move into London - possibly linked? I also have tinnitus, which posts on here seem to suggest a potential link.

I have had blood tests with no answers. I have been on a paleo diet (cutting out grains etc) and that only helped marginally.

In order to even reduce the symptoms, I have to work extremely hard, to the point where it's almost as debilitating to live such a life style as it is do have the fuzzy head conditions. I would be on a paleo, yet rich in protein diet, wake up very early and do 2 hours of very strenuous exercise 6 days a week before work. Obviously a way of living that can't be maintained, and makes a mark on relationships/friends/family.

At the age of 28, feeling so low energy, lethargic, mellow is very frustrating and I feel as though I am seeing my friends of similar ages really making big drives at this crucial time in your life, but I can't match it, and feel as though I have lost my spark and self confidence as I am unable to live up to the potential I feel I have.

I try to live by a routine, a to-do-list, but I am too exhausted to get what I use to be able to do done.

Things that I have tried that haven't worked:
Air purifier, routine, no alcohol, no grains, no lactose, routine hard exercise, fresh air, holidays, longer & better quality sleep, increased hydration. Whole weeks off to reset. Multivitamins.

Things to try:
Move house? Move out of London? More tests? Vegetarian? Psychological ideas? I'll try any decent suggestions!

Glad to hear that for some people it just goes away, but I don't think in my case this will do so by itself as it's been 7+yrs, plus I want to make the most of being able to push for things whilst still young.

Will report back if any developments or improvement. Any help very appreciated.
Right now I have a headache which I have had for the last 4 days now and a constant feeling of dizziness like I am going to pass out. I had bad anemia 2yr ago and had to get a blood transfusion.. I was wondering if this would be to do with that again? Its horrible I worry I may have a growth or something in my head
Someone told me I should get my eyes tested?
The same as you, the MrI and cat scan have shown ventricles. I have been plagued w/ these symptoms, sometimes accomp by dizziness, for the past 5 mon, but they went away for about 6 wks only to return w/ a vengeance about 4 wks ago. Dr has perscribed migraine med to take as needed, w/ little help, have done phys therapy for dizziness, but the last time nothing new was mentioned to try except meditation 5 m/ day w/ shoulder weights. Now dr has me taking 75mg butterbur 2x/day but I heard it can take 4 m to work. She said she'll prescribe a daily migrane med if butterbur doesn't help w/in 10 days, however topomax seems to have some neg side effects. She mentioned a beta-blocker, but I'm already on BP meds. I exercise, which does decrease the fuzziness, but it seems lately I'm dwelling on it, and wake up in the middle of the night w/ it still slightly in the same spot in my head. Let me know what you think I should try...
Hi!

I just wanted to comment on this because I have chronic "weird fuzzy head" and know the cause for mine.

Hopefully this might help some of you...my fuzzy head comes from fluctuation in catecholamines...typically when its on the uprise. Your fuzzy head may have nothing to do with this, but I've noticed a lot of your doctors are looking at brain abnormalities, which is not really where this would come from.  If there is anyone at wits end and hasn't tried these things, I'd ask your doctor to look into it...

1.  catecholine levels  (serotonin, norepinephrine, dopamine)  For me, when these levels go up, my fuzzy head occurs more frequently.
2.  your adrenal glands.  This is where these neurotransmitters are made, so if there is some relation between the two, it would be a good place to start.
3.  rare tumors.  Rare and mostly benign pheochromocytoma - which affects the adrenal glands, and paragangliomas - a  neuroendocrine neoplasm.  Both are rare, and both are mostly benign...I think 95% plus, but both can cause secretion of catecholines.

My other suggestion would be to see an allergist.  I've also noticed an increase when I eat things I'm allergic to.  Gluten allergy apparently is one to look into.  

Hopefully someone finds some help from this...good luck!  Its annoying, but after a while you can ignore it.
Thanks for the info. Can you tell me how you are treating your symptoms?
Do any of you have a runny nose?
Apparently that was my problem, and I have found my cure! I hope it will be helpful to some of you.

For as long as I can remember, my nose was a bit runny. Not a big deal, I got used to it, and it never really bothered me.
A couple of years ago, I started having a fuzzy feeling, headaches, and dizziness that really affected my life and work. I went to see neurologists, done a CT scan and tried migraine medications (which gave me a 3-hour long piercing migraine, so I never touched those again), no one seemed to find the problem. When the dizziness got worse I went to an ear-nose doctor to see if there might be a problem with my inner ear, and she says "of course your head hurts, your nose is stuffed, and I can see by the sides of it that you blow it a lot". So she gave me an anti-allergic nose spray, and within two weeks I felt like new! Now I take antihistamines daily, and the headaches and fuzziness are gone!

Some of you have mentioned allergies, and advised people to do an allergy test or avoid certain foods- but that doesn't always help. I did numerous tests and still don't know what it is that I'm allergic to, if there is such a thing at all. I just take allergy medications, which are safe and reliable, and it works just fine.

My advice to everyone here- if you blow your nose a couple of times a day, no matter how esoteric and irrelevant it seems (I can get a stuffed-nose headache without even feeling that I need to blow my nose) go to a doctor and ask for a nasal spray for a constant allergic runny nose. Try it for a while and see if it works, and then you will know if that is part of the problem. After that you can try and figure out what it is you are allergic to, and how to manage it.

Tell me if it works!
Thanks for your great advice.  Glad that your problem is solved.  

For anyone that is interested to find out what you are allergic to, there is a blood test that tests all kinds of foods and outdoor stuff.  It's been a long time ago, but I believe it was an IGa  test or something like that.  It was pretty expensive, but I never have gotten the bill and it was 4 years ago or at least I didn't recognize it on the many pages of what my insurance pays..
I feel the same exact way! I mean to a T. It has been a little over a year for me! It is so annoying and scary :(. Especially being in like a store when my kids want to shop around. From the minute I wake up to the min I go to bed. This feeling is so weird and hard to explain but I feel you did a good job. Maybe we can find a couple things that are common in life for both of us. Like I work at a credit union and stair at a computer all day. I have three little girl. I just had a baby back in August but I was feeling this way a couple months before I even got pregnant. It scares me everyday thinking I have a tumor of something putting pressure on my brain. I take birth control pills. I have been to ENT, I have had nerve testing done as well. I hate that my doctor doesn't seem worried. He actually makes me feel like I am crazy. I just want answers and reassurance. I think my next step is to try an ib profen once a day.
I'm so glad people are still on this thread!

I also have a job where I stare at a computer all day (data entry). But I've had this job for a little over a year, and the fuzziness didn't start until about a month ago. But maybe that has something to do with it.

The only other viable causes I can think of are makeup (I started wearing foundation for the first time last month - although I think that's a bit of a long stretch) and not enough fruits in my diet. I hardly ever eat any fruit, so I am going to start eating more apples and berries. Hopefully that will make a difference.

Some people mentioned radio and cell phone waves - it could be the cause, but again, it's a long stretch.
This is a common symptom of copper overload.  It's really common for vegetarians and vegans.  Zinc balances out copper, but many people, especially vegetarians and vegans don't get enough bioavailable zinc in relation to how much copper they consume.  I am not a vegetarian, but we don't eat a lot of meat.  Taking a zinc supplement has helped so much.  Just take it with food - it can make you nauseous.  :)
I've had this feeling for almost two years now. I woke up one day and it was there, this feeling of physical fuzziness in my head like there's cotton in it. I've had several blood tests, urine tests, and an mri of my head done with everything coming back completely normal. I even made an appointment with a neurologist and he said he didn't recognize my symptoms and hat it could be from any number of things such as west Nile and I may never find out what it is. Thinking about it gives me anxiety because it causes a feeling of impending doom sometimes and freaks me out. At first I thought it was candida because one blood test did come back with abnormal candida but I did a candida diet and supplement for a month with no results. I then thought it was mercury poisoning and got my Mercury cavity fillings replaced with porcelain with again no results. I'm vegetarian if that helps at all but I haven't been able to figure this out. I'm making an appointment with a gastrointestinal professional soon to see if it's something to do with my gut. Btw I'm a 21 year old healthy male. Any advice?
THYROID THYROID THYROID.
This is a top thread when searching for this symptom. If you have been experiencing "brain fog"  or "cotton balls in your head" consistently for months on end, you feel like something is just wrong in your head, are tired no matter how much you sleep, and some days a worse than others, with stress or lack of sleep causing bad days ... then GET YOUR THYROID and TSH LEVELS CHECKED. It's a cheap test, and it's very diagnostic. There are numerous people who don't get properly diagnosed because they are young, haven't had weight gain or changes (too tired to eat), and don't have irregular periods if they are women - the two most obvious signs that make doctors think "hypothyroidism".
Young people are expecially likely to get misdiagnosed with major depression because many of the symptoms superficially match and feeling tired and fuzzy all the time is liable to interfere with school and work and relationships, causing depression and anxiety.
In addition, if T4 levothyroxine hormone replacement is not working for you and you have hypothyroidism, look into getting T3 replacement as well. There are varients of hypothyroidism where too much T4 is converted into "reverse T3", an antagonist of the most active thyroid compound T3. It negates the effect of hormone replacement. Adding T3 bypasses Reverse T3 to ensure your body is getting the active T3 it needs to function properly.
THYROID THYROID THYROID.
Hi I have had the fuzzy head thingy for about 2 month now 24/7. It does not matter if I am standing, sitting, or lying down it will not go away. However, it might sound strange to some of you young people but hormones as well as thyroids have a lot to do with it. I have been listening to a lady called Barbara Hoffman on YouTube granted, her videos are mainly about Menopause and hormones. Due to the fact that I am in my late 40's I feel her videos are helpful. However, men and woman can have issues with their hormones in their 20's. In addition, thyroid issues can start around that age as well. I started taking progesterone cream so we will see if this might help level out my hormones and make me feel better. Good luck to you all. Hope you feel better soon I know it suck.
Lauren9748 do you still have this issue?? I am having it now exactly to a T what I have had for a year now I hope you get this message I'd like to talk with you my email is a.***@**** I want to see if u still have it and if u do we should talk if u don't you list tel me what it was and what helped!
Lauren9748 I have no idea why I can't give u my email and why that message messed so badly but I guess write back to me on here or maybe we can talk on Facebook messenger if u tell me your Facebook name I really wanted to know what you ended up figuring out! I could use help this is annoying and so depressing
Hi Lauren, I hope you have this sorted out. I have a lot of similar issues. One person described hypersensitivity the way you feel when in stores with lots of sensory input.
Others talked about tinnitus, which I have as well.  Heart pounding, just feeling awful like a bad flu or hangover.  Not dizziness like vertigo but a feeling the floor is not the right height.  It takes time for my mind to adjust when looking close, then far away, or looking sideways when walking forward.  

I will definitely try excluding some food to see if I'm allergic.
Thanks for the ideas everyone.
I'm so sorry you are suffering. It is important that you have your thyroid checked, even if it has been checked before. Your T3 and T4 and Thyroxine levels being low can cause exactly the symptoms you are speaking of. As they continue to go down they can cause things as simple as congestion in the face, retaining fluid, but they can also eventually cause buildup of fluid around the brain, the heart, make the organs start to shut down etc. I don't say this to alarm you, but simply to point out how important these levels are and that they are somewhat related to your symptoms. My wife became seriously ill when her doctor ignored these symptoms until the point she collapsed.
Has ANYONE found anything that has worked? I have all of these symptoms exactly and have found no relief after CT, MRIs, blood tests, and neuro visits. I am desperate!!! They say that I am normal, but i know what normal feels like and it is NOT this. :(
For the past three years i have been having fuzzy heads, poor concentraton, cant sleep. want to lie down in afternoon. I am more anxious about driving, being on my own, tight dull headaches. I suffer from migraines regularly... i just dont feel normal, i feel as if my head is detached from my body on an almost daily basis. I was started on hrt 2 month ago, which has helped the low mood but still have a funny head, took a turn at work 2 weeks ago, almost passed out, felt drunk and balance off.. im at a loss. scared to drive. Had ecgs, full bloods, blood sugar checked but they all fine, work colleagues passing comment that im not myself and havnt been for a long time. Think another visit to Gp on the cards. Worrying that its something serious deffo doesnt help. Going to try cutting out caffeine, alcohol etc, i just want to be me again.