Migraines & Headaches Community
Fuzzy Head

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Fuzzy Head

For two years now, I have had this light headed, non-spinning, VERY fuzzy. The way I describe it is that I feel like I have cotton balls or something in my head.  My head doesn't HURT.. and I am not spinning.. But I just have this sensation that makes me feel like I want to close my eyes.  It is even worse when I am in stores where I have to look at a  lot of things, and it often makes me feel very nauseous. I feel like I always want to lay down and close my eyes, and feel this way from the moment I wake up until the moment I go to bed.

I have gotten many blood test, and EKG and and echocardiogram on my heart.  I feel like I should get a brain scan, or something, but the doctors keep telling me I shouldn't worry since nothing is showing up.  But It is so frustrating, and some days I just start crying and get really upset, because I keep thinking I have a tumor or cancer or something.  

So then I get anxiety, which obviously escalates my symptoms.  However, the doctors are like, well maybe you are feeling this was because you keep thinking you are dying and that you are worried. But I'm like..."I'm feeling worried because I have these symptoms!!" Do you know how I feel?  

lately I have been having this headache feeling that feels like head pressure (which the doctors think is a tension headache from stress, as well as chest pain/heaviness, which I also think is from my worrying.  I'm just so sick of dealing with this!)

I just want to figure out what is wrong.  I eat extremely healthy, do yoga, get acupuncture, meditate, etc.

ahhh. Does anyone have any reassuring words or any idea of what I could have??
Tags: fuzzy
anybody??
Avatar_dr_f_tn

You have mentioned that you had some tests done including tests to evaluate cardiac function. All your tests came back clear and I feel this should offer you some relief. I do have a few questions:

What activities or events trigger your symptoms?
Is the light headedness associated with strenuous activities or vigorous exercises?
Is this associated with food intake, extreme temperatures or excessive emotions?
Were they able to do a carotid duplex scan to assess your neck vessels?

Let me assure you that your condition does not fit the picture of someone with a brain tumor. I do suggest that you seek consult with an ENT specialist and ophthalmologist to have a complete assessment of your ears, nose, throat and eyes. Inner ear problems may manifest as vertigo or dizziness. Problems with vision may be associated with dizziness, nausea and headaches.

Do relax and avoid unnecessary worrying as this may aggravate your symptoms. When you are anxious, you tend to breathe faster or hyperventilate which may also cause light headedness or dizziness. Eat well and exercise regularly. Brisk walking 20 to 30 minutes everyday will be beneficial.
Hi Vanessa. Nothing triggers my symptoms. It is a constant state of being/feeling that I have, that I have had non-stop for almost two years now. The only time I feel slightly better is during my 1.5 - 3 hour yoga session I do every day, and I think it may not be going away but I'm just completely ignorning it because yoga is my passion.  I am an extremely healthy vegan, but have only been so for 8 months.  Before that I was a meat eater, but I get all of the vitamins and nutrients I need, and have had all these levels checked many times through blood tests. (believe me, all the doctors want to say it is my diet and be done with me.)

I have had my vision checked a few months ago for the first time and I had 20/20 vision.

Even sitting here now, I feel calm but my head feels tingly and fuzzy, and I feel like the objects around me are slightly 'off.' Like i'm not actually here or something.  (this is why I got my vision checked. )

I want to get a brain scan or see a neurologist to make sure its not something.. but i do want to find something! (minor of course) just so i can get it fixed and live my life normally.
Hi Lauren,
I am a healthy male of nearly 40 that also suffers a recurring "fuzzy Head".
This bout has been on-going for 6 weeks and does not want to go away.
Like you exercise-in my case, cycling and swimming seems to make it go away and everytime I think it has gone only to return within 5 to 10 minutes.
I have been to the Doctors many times in the past and had no joy.
I am not stressed -except about the pain- and do get really peeved that it will not go away.I am sure like me your quality of life really does suffer.
I was advised by one doctor that I have Hypermobility and looking at that site on line it seems that fuzzy head is indeed a side effect of  hypermobility. This may be worth a look.
Good Luck

Avatar_dr_f_tn

Have you had any objective examinations done recently?

I suggest that you have your Vitamin B6 or B12 levels checked,This tingly or fuzzy sensation may be nerve related and given your lifestyle, I would also like to look more into your diet as a possible source of these sensations.

Vitamin B6 and B12 deficiencies may present with neuropathies.This may be a primary differential in your case. I suggest you seek a neurology referral for a complete neurologic assessment also. A CT Scan may be able to help.
Wow - at last someone who describes the exact symptoms that I have had for the last 8 years (at least). I always feel detached and everything looks weird - Im in a constant cartoon. Fuzzy, buzzing head (for me seems to be worse on one side) tinitis, sometimes pain in the head (not always) and when it gets bad I want to be alone in a dark place. Shop lights, strobe, and linear patterns make me dizzy and seemingly worse. Its a living nightmare. Im not as healthy as you but over the years have been to ENT, Nueroligists and more doctors than you can shake a stick at. Only bizarre thought I have is some kind of jaw disalignment after wisdom teeth extraction. Clutching at straws but I do find myself trying to clear the 'blockage' by wiggling jaw alot. Sorry I can t help...Im just dealing with it now but it affects work and social life. A lot of people think im odd as im so distant often.
Holloway.
I feel the exact same and I know what my problem is. I was tested and I have chronic allergies. I am highly allergic to dust mites, grasses, and all of the common allergies. You may want to go and get a good allergy test.

My problem is I cannot treat them well enough. I feel fuzzy all of the time.
also have a fuzzy head. I have fructose/lactose malabsorbtion and possible amine issues, which I have been told coupled together cause the fuzzy head. I have been on a low fructose/lactose diet for 8 months now and it has helped a bit but still there. Some days I want to smash my head into a wall. After trialing the low amine diet for 2 months and still have fuzzy head I will be going onto a full elimination diet. I am 99% sure it is food related.

Steven.
Sorry to hear about your symptoms.

I agree with the doctor, that you should make an appointment with a neurologist for further evaluation.  

Feel better soon!

terri
Hi everyone

I was experiencing these same symptoms. I started getting symptoms of fuzzy head, poor concentration, dizziness about 6 years ago. In the past 3 years it seems to have become worse – so bad that I was becoming quite depressed, was reluctant to drive due to the feelings of fuzziness/ cognitive impairment. I didn’t feel like socialising with friends because I was having difficulty with speech and articulating my words. At work I struggled everyday to keep up with managing my work, using all my energy to try to keep focused on my work. Conducting meetings was hell!!

I promised myself if I were to ever find some relief from my symptoms I would come back to these posts to hopefully assist others with the same symptoms.

Two weeks ago a friend gave me a book about food intolerances. It’s called “Food Intolerance” by John Hunter MD, Virginia Alun Jones MD, Elizabeth Workman RD, first published in 1986. I decided that it was worth a try to do their ‘Exclusion Diet’. It was quite difficult for the first week (modifying my diet) and also about the fourth day I got what felt like a really severe head cold. It got a lot of mucus from my nose, extremely blocked nose and headaches. The head cold lasted about 5 days! I think this was my body trying to detox.

Since I started a diet excluding all wheat and oats in particular, every day I am feeling better and better. My diet has mainly consisted of rice products (rice bubbles for breakfast), salads, steamed vegies, boiled potatoes, and grilled meats such as chicken and beef. I have also been eating canned tuna. I have found that I get fuzziness symptoms following eating bread, muffins, oats. At the moment I am having milk in small quantities, but when I started the diet I only took rice milk. So far, dairy doesn’t appear to be causing me to feel fuzzy.

I was reading about coeliac’s disease this morning and some of the symptoms include dizziness, fatigue etc. I have not tested for this disease, but I plan to in the near future. I think it would help to put a name to my symptoms and take more control of my health and life.

I should note that I have had suspicions about wheat allergy for some time, but when I got an allergy test I wasn’t ‘allergic’, however I have since learned that ‘allergies’ and ‘intolerances’ are different. Intolerances won’t be picked up in an allergy test. The best way to test is to exclude it from your diet for some time and see if your symptoms disappear.

I’ve only been doing this diet for two weeks now, but I am feeling so much better! I actually feel happy again. I am less moody and impatient. I am able to concentrate on things, more sociable, doing more things that I love such as walking and driving. I am having less cravings for oily, fatty, baked foods.

Please don’t despair. Like you, I was absolutely desperate to get my life back. It is worth trying to alter your diet to see if you too are intolerant to some food/s which may be causing you these symptoms. I know that I am intolerant to wheat and oats. I will get tested for coeliacs disease. I wish you all the best, and hope that you may be free from these debilitating symptoms too.
I have the same symptoms as youve described and have had them for a little over 2 years.  Ive had 2 brain scans and they have detected a slight reduction in blood flow to my brain but im told it's nothing that they are clinically concerned about.

I also have tinnitus which ive had for over 15 years and the ringing in my ears has become gradually worse since this fuzzy head appeared.  I have my next hospital appointment with ENT to see if my head is linked to my ear in some way.

My fuzzy head too is continuous, there is no let up or anything that i can relate it to in terms of allergies.  Ive had sinus' checked, loads of blood tests which all came back clear.

It's a mystery but is debilitating, ive had time of work because i simply cant function and driving is out of the question.

If any solution is found at my next appointment, i will share it with you.

Symptoms I have include dizziness, nausea, memory problems, humming/buzzing in the head, fuzzy head, low immunity, low calcium, tiredness, poor sleep, headaches, depression, skin problems, difficulty in maintaining concentration, limb pain/aches, irritability, forgetfulness.  

I am not the only one struggling with health my son and wife have had problems too due to what I believe is the mobile phone mast about 210 metres away. I have had most of the 15 years exposure as I work and live at home. The mast is in direct line with my house, electromagnetic radiation readings where I have been sitting upstairs show 'hot spots' which are high readings in the red and there are some around the rest of the house. Though apparently this is within ICNIRP 'guidelines'. I'd like to see those so called scientists involved with the ICNIRP guidelines sit there and see how they feel after such exposure and time.

Having been upstairs in my house working at my desk, I had to go to hospital because I had numbness, headache, pains, nausea and dizziness, I was later told by the doctors first is was a heart attack, then after scan that it was a stroke, then after another scan it was not. The latest scan though did expose a cyst on the brain. The specialist I saw did say that some of my symptoms, including the humming/buzzing/pulsing, I get could be related to the mast as it goes when I am way from the house. The doctors do not recognise mast exposure as being a problem, which of course is because of the Government and their 'Guidelines'.

Search Google for mobile phone mast dangers, cordless telephone wifi dangers, some of you will find the reason behind your symptoms too. We don't have wifi, microwave oven, cordless telephone because of my sensitivity now to this.

I can tell you having been through this nightmare, we have no rights when it comes to the mobile phone industry. The UK Government, city departments and others won't help and the mobile phone companies say they won't do anything. Most people at the moment do not realise the dangers and effects, hopefully soon they will.

I am now having to fight for someone to do something which means court action.
I have pretty much the same symptoms as you with a fuzzy head, etc.for the last 7 years or so.

A few years ago I had a food allergy test that showed I had wheat intolerance. I paid no attention (pretty silly) until I read your letter.

I will, starting today, stop eating wheat and will give you an update on this forum in a few weeks or so. Thank you . Every little information helps.
I'm having troble concentrating and staying focused, when my whole life I was always acute in thinking and concentrating.

I did party a bit in my 20's but not that much, I'm not sure if this is an effect. Or if it's cellphones (which I try not to use much) HD TV's )which I do not own but feel a difference when I watch it at someone elses house) to the flouridated water I drink. I have no clue what's going on but I know I'm not "there" anymore.
Ive started feeling the same... I kind of feel like im not with it..not dizzy as such, but kind of dizzy... its so weird to explain... i feel like my heads just fuzzy... i cant help worrying that something is wrong with me.. ive had tests done on heart palputations ive been having but nothings come back...I dont know if its linked... my ears ring constently as well, but apparently my ears asre fine... ive even had my eyes tested... i just feel so fed up with it... the doc says ive got stress, but i dont feel like im stressed about anything, although i am at uni and working part time at a job i hate, but I just cant shake this feeling, its really getting me down! does anyone know what this is??
hello, I have a similar problem. The best way I can describe it is like this. It is the feeling if you slept in the daytime and get up and feel groggy with a fuzzy head. I have experinced the feeling before my problem when recovering from jet lagg. My fuzzy head makes me just want to lie down and go to sleep no matter what time of day, but the little naps don't help and often make me feel worse. Strangly i dont seem to suffer much in the morning. But I can almost set my watch by it. At almost exactly 3 in the afternooon on the feeling comes. I feel mildly nauseas but enough for it to totally ruin my day. I find the only thing that works is some good aerobic excercise but that is often difficult to do in the middle of a working day. My only relief is after a good run. This condition is horrible. I completely sympathise with anyone suffering this!!!
I have the same fuzzy head and its awful ... I cant focus and I feel like I'm in a dream .... I fully recovered from chronic fatigue about 3 years ago which began in 1997 ... it feels like the start of CF.  Which means cutting out all ALL toxins, alcohol, nicotine, drugs and going on an Elimination Diet for allergies ... it doesn't leave a lot of choice but then I literally did not have the strength to get out of bed for a 2 year period (ie NO INCOME - it wasn't recognized as a real disease in Australia then so no Govt help either) I couldn't even remember 3 items on a shopping list ....so BE CAREFUL and REMOVE colours, flavours, preservatives, toxins, (I also recommend removing lactose) sulphates and get tested for amine intolerance.  Best of luck to all you sensitives not built for this toxic earth period we live in. Lisa
I thought i was alone until i read the posts on this string, the feeling of heavy eyes and a fuzzy head is exactly what i have been having, on and off for the past 3-4 years. Some days i feel fine, but others from when i wake to when i go to bed i just want to sleep.Some days my head feels like it has a cold aura around it, and i feel a little detached from what is going on around me...its quite weird.Its an overwhelming tiredness and following a sleep i sometimes feel ten times worse. Strangely enough i only ever seem to get it spring summer, and again if i can get the energy to play sport then i feel so much better. Its hugely depressing and unless you are living with it most people seem to think you are just a whinger. I've had brain scans, blood tests, eyes tested the works and yes you cant help but feel they must be missing something but then when you have had the condition for so many years you just get on with it. Right now i am having a bad couple of weeks today is not so bad but i am determined to play sport tonight. I have wondered about food intolerance/allergies in general and i think after reading the posts on this i will have the allergy and intolerance aspect looked into. I'll keep all informed since what works for one might help other.Thanks All. [might go for a sleep now...haha]
I get the fuzzy head feeling too! I told my girlfriend "My head feels fuzzy," and she has no idea what that means. It's nice to know that I'm not alone.

I started working out last summer and I am in great physical condition. My body is great, but ever since I started getting fit, I've been having side effects. One of which is that I get that fuzzy head feeling a lot, almost daily. I like to theorize about why.
1. Maybe since my body is becoming more nutrient needy, I'm not properly changing my diet in all categories (fruit, vegetables, meat, dairy). It's incredibly difficult to keep track of these things as a college student, because eating healthy costs money.
2. Maybe there isn't enough blood going to my head. Maybe muscle is pushing against my arteries and is causing blood clots. Working out is feeling more and more dangerous, because after a certain age, your bones stop growing. So I can work out but my bones won't change much.
3. One thing I know is that I have been eating less fruit since I moved out of my parents home. The house was always filled with fruit like apricots, apples, watermelon. I don't buy them as much because it's expensive, but I'm starting to think that may be a possible reason.
4. Somebody mentioned a glutton-free diet. I'm going to try this and see what happens. I do eat bread often.
5. Maybe it's all psycological. In high school, I used to watch tv (Simpsons, Family Guy) or play WoW and forgetting about the rest of the day. It felt so good and my brain felt so turned off and happy. Now that I don't do those things any more. I am subject to the real world more and I feel like I'm coming down to earth a little bit. But there is so much **** in this world that it's hard to take. All of the stressful parts of life are starting to hit me more, I used to feel immune. I do feel like I hold in a lot of frustrating thoughts and feelings than the average person. It's up to me to deal with this and I am, but I just need more time.

Since I'm strong, I don't feel weak, it's just I feel like I my brain doesn't want to function, like I'm stressing to hard or straining to hard.
It seems we all have the same fuzzy head issue. I have seen a neurologist had testing for BPPV which was negative. Seen an immunologist which has led me to believe CANDIDA is the problem. As I understand overgrown yeast give off mycotoxins which interfere with brain function. I had 10-12 doses of antibiotics 3 years running which i believe caused my candida problem. I took Diflucan and the fuzz seemd to reduce however i still believe i have the candida problem as I get groin rash and a coating on my tongue.

Do any of you have these additional symptoms? and did any of use have several doses of antibiotics?

look forward to your responses.

Steven
Yes, Candida and Lyme disease gives the fuzzy head, burning brain, cotton head feeling.
I'm on antibiotic therapy now for Lyme disease and was a year ago for the same. I have chronic Candida which despite probiotic intake regularly, florishes to the point where I get very bad burning skin and brain (I call it).
The fuzzy head, woozy feeling is all a part of the candida and the die off of the Lyme. When I take the Diflucan, OMG!! I am double sick from both the toxins of the Lyme bacteria dying and the Candida toxins!
are we having fun yet? LOL
Hi, I feel your anguish.

I have suffered for a while now, it's been a mobile phone mast nearby that has caused it. Electromagnetic radiation (EMR) from the mast coming directly into our house. Have a search to see if you are near one. Also Wireles/wifi/cordless phones/microwaves/mobile phones, get rid of them from your house, you don't know the dangers yet because the Government don't what you to know.

Can I do anything about the mobile phone mast? No, the Government have tied up any possibility for me to stop the mast exposure, not just for me and my family, but for so many people.

I know the dangers, I don't need to be a scientist, I have and am going through it. Neurologists/Doctors won't help, they go by Government guidelines. Remember the Government will want to dismiss, create misinformation, anything to prevent us from knowing the truth.

Try taking all the products I mentioned out of the house, let your body recover, see how you feel.

Also see ***** for more information and hear from real scientists who don't have interests in the industry/Government.

See Facebook: orangenoseday
Hi there,

how confident are you that Candida causes the fuzzy/tight feeling in the head?

have you been able to get rid of the feeling completely (i.e. reduced the candida in your body to normal levels)?

If you have I will go back on Diflucan again for as long as it takes to be normal again.

by the way do you have a whiteish coating on your tongue which you can scrape off?

thanks.
is anyone still on this forum?
Hi all.  I too have this "fuzzy head" feeling, and often feel like I'm completely detached from the world even as a navigate through it.  I almost feel uncomfortable driving.  It's been getting steadily worse for about 3 years now such that I have it all the time, and my ability to concentrate has been severly impacted.  My reading comprehension has taken a nosedive too (most likely because I can't concentrate).  My fuzzing buzzing brain is accompanied now by slightly buzzing face and extremities and my energy levels are kaput.  I'm getting extremely frustrated, particularly given that my recent checkups with the doctor indicates that "everything's fine."  My job is fairly mentally demanding and I feel as though I'm on the verge of not being able to perform it, whereas once I excelled.  I know I have been bitten by a number of ticks, so the Lyme Disease lead is interesting.  Either way, I'm glad I found this posting as it provides some confirmation that I'm not going crazy!  I'll update if anything can be found.
hi
i think you should avoid coffee you will see the change
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Good to hear that the previous consultations with your doctor were fine. Do you take medications at present? Sometimes side effect of some medicines may be responsible. A referral to a neurologist may also help rule out neurological issues. Take care and do keep us posted.
has anyone taken large doses of antibiotics over extended periods of time?
Also does anyone have a coating on their tongue?
Thanks for the reply.  Though I wish this could be attributed to a medicinal side effect, I am not on any medications nor have I ever been for any period of time.  I have decided to up the ante and look at factors other than those that might be revealed in the general physicals and bloodwork I've had done recently.  I'm heading back to my general practitioner next week and will more explicitly explain the situation.  I generally try to "ride out" feelings of malaise or illness, but this has progressed to the absurd and is becoming disabling.  I head to the doctor next week and will post if there are any significant findings!  Best,
D
You may have low-level daily migraines. A simple, easy test - take a migraine abortive at the onset of symptoms - sumatriptan. It worked wonders for me after 5 years and dozens of doctors and misdiagnosise.

Or you can get side-tracked by all the allergy / candida / diet / probiotic / woo-woo magnetic frequency time wasting.
Symptoms I have include are similar to people here, dizziness, nausea, memory problems, humming/buzzing in the head, fuzzy head, low immunity, low calcium, tiredness, poor sleep, headaches, depression, skin problems, difficulty in maintaining concentration, limb pain/aches, irritability, forgetfulness.  

We have no WI-FI, no cordless phones, no Wireless/Bluetooth in the house. Check you have none in your house, if you do switch it all off and go wired and don't use Microwave ovens either. Check out the internet if you don't believe me. You need to recover from your exposure before it's too late.

We've had it confirmed, it's a mobile phone mast nearby, there is magnetic radiation from it  (we had it checked by OFCOM and an independent who narrowed the signal down to an Orange mobile phone mast, they said you'd definitely be feeling as you do with this level of exposure in your house.) I feel ill when I'm in the house. that causes this each time I'm in the house.

I speak from experience and that of my family who have and are also effected, I have researched this too. The UK Government (and other Governments) say 'it's within guidelines' (guidelines that are so wrong and dangerous) and continue to say 'there is no evidence', YET there is scientific evidence that the Government and Industry ignore, hide or ridicule. They are simply protecting their interests at the expense of the public.

The Governments and industry are lying to us all in favour of the billions in revenue they receive. However, its only a matter of time before they are exposed for the lies they have put out.

Wake up people.

See Facebook: orangenoseday

Thankyou everyone for sharing, makes me feel not alone, i have had symptoms of fuzziness in head, just wanting to lie down all the time and the worst thing is it makes me moody and irritable, just bloody horrid it is.  Last time after i changed my foundation (makeup that had chemicals) my symptoms went away.  Also if I use fake tan the symptoms come back , which of course I don't use any more. I can't work out this time why i have got this back again, anyway things that have helped me have been as mentioned, staying away from strong chemical, keeping off cellphone...something so simple but so effective has been vicks vapour rub, this helps a lot.  Am still experimenting and trying to get to the bottom of this.  I emphasise with anyone that has symptoms and if i find anything else that helps i will post some more.  Thanks for your comments and please keep sharing...
ive had a fuzzy and sometimes a burning head. i sometimes feel like im drunk from extreme tiredness. my c-reactive protein levels were 16.7 (ment to be from 0-5). the sensation/ pain is there from the moment i wake up to the second i fall asleep. the doctors just say its cause of stress and is a tension headache but im not convinced. they prescribed me amitriptyline which doesnt help at all and just gives me nightmeres. i have been like this fo about 5 months. im really worried im going to have a stroke or something cause it feels like im heading that way
I have just started getting the fuzzy head thing over the last two weeks. I was putting this down to stress but did not have a clue what it could be.I was very impressed to find this post at the top of my search with most people experiencing the same symptoms.
My symptoms are:  I feel like I have pressure at the front of my head, and then the back,then the side. It really is strange how the pressure seems to float around? . I also get the driving thing, whilst driving its like I'm in a tunnel or looking though a fish eye cloud? ( like I'm in the car but not in control but at the same time in full control.?   that's a worry.) . Its hard to explain but I know most people who have This will know what I'm talking about.  I just feel spaced out , but at the same time in full control? I'm baffled as to what this is or to what it could be. I have also started to have dreams when I sleep. Which is an upside because as far as I can remember I have never had a dream or a nightmare in my life. ( my wife tells me I talk in my sleep so I must have had them, but could never remember them in the morning). Also as I can remember my dreams does this mean I am in a different state of sleep? Could this be a reason for my fuzzy head.   Does anyone have an answer to any of the above. Do I need more sleep ? as far as I know I am getting enough. As I have Only had this for a couple of weeks I will Post again soon and let you know If I have any changes.
Don't know if anyone is still following this but I found all your comments when googling 'fuzzy head' which is what I have!  Symptoms as described; forgetfulness, cotton wool in brain etc, and very definitely tinnitus. I haven't been to the doctor as it's only started over the last few weeks and I keep thinking it'll pass. Also, it's intermittent, so I feel okay and then weird by turns. Maybe you are all too young but so far no one has mentioned the word 'menopause'. I think I have reached that stage so was wondering whether that could be something to do with it. Anyway, I'm weirdly happy that other people have it too and are not all dying of brain tumours, which was my other theory! So, sorry to be happy about your misery, but you all made me feel better and not so alone in my fuzzy-headedness.
This post has made me realise I'm not alone. A lot of what was mentioned above rings true with me too!! Does cutting out wheat work?? I don't think I eat a lot of wheat anyway tho. Has anyone got any other symptom relievers??
My last post was in September 2012 and since then my symptoms are exactly the same.  

Lots of GP and specialist appointments have ruled out links to my tinnitus, eyesight problems, allergies/intolerances and im now having cognitive behavioural therapy because of anxiety !

On a positive note, ive found a great neurologist having been re-referred by my GP out of area for a second opinion.

He feels that he knows what my condition is (and who knows, perhaps yours too).

He's advised that there is some new research into Hypersensivity and he described exactly how i was feeling.... to give you an example he said that most people can filter what is going on around them between what they need to know and what is, in effect just noise.  I can't filter and as a result its almost system overload which causes the fuzzy head.

It's true of all of the sensory areas, not just hearing but eyes, bright lights, smell etc.

He prescribed Topiramate for me, and said that this drug had been known to give relief to some people although no-one was clear why.  Unfortunately for me, the drugs magnified everything and exacerbated my problems so i have come off them and have my next appointment on 1st June.

Even though this drug didnt work for me, i still have confidence that my neurologist is clear in terms of my symptoms, we just need to find a way of treating them.

Will post again if i find a solution

SOLUTION TO HEAD FUZZINESS.

I suffered from symptoms identical to many on this thread for 2 months.  I had a sensation of pressure/ fuzziness in the frontal loabs that would seem to move around to different parts of my head.  It was a weird sensation that is hard to describe.  I can best describe it as being very, very sleep deprived but not tired. I just wanted to lay down and felt like closing my eyes but this did not help much.  The condition was around the clock and it was really impairing my ability to function.  That said there was no pain, blurred vision, numbness or lack of cognitive function when it came to reading or thinking.  The only thing that seemed to help at all was aerobic activity and that did not last long.
    I have learned that I was repeatedly exposed to a petroleum hydrocarbon on the job.  Initially it was just iritating but the fuzziness was the final symptom.  It was rather nasty in that it would get into any porous material including my clothing and would stay there- getting into the house and remaining there for some time.  I BELIEVE THAT THE FUZZINESS IS THE RESULT OF BECOMING HYPERSENSATIVE TO SOMETHING YOUR BOD/BRAINY IS ALLERGIC TO AND REPEATEDLY EXPOSED TO.  Once I thouroughly ariated my house with positive pressure, cleaned my clothing, and stayed clear at the work place of any gas, the fuzziness went away.  In my case it was this chemical compound, however, I can imagine that it may be true for other things such as plant allergens, pet allergens, food allergens etc.  
     I was shocked to see how many people suffered identical and characteristic symptoms as me, and to see how long they suffered.  I WOULD ADVISE TRYING THE FOLLOWING FOR ANYONE SUFFERING FROM THESE SYMPTOMS:  Go stay somewhere else for a several days and be as sterile as possible; away from work, and in a different locality, preferably in a different region.  Ideally a motel in the middle of a desert subsisting on water.  Pay minute detail to any potential exposure to chemicals or potential allergens ie. make- up, deordorant, medication, any food/pet/plant alergens, nicotine, caffeine- EVERYTHING.  If your symptoms go away after a while you'll know something in your environment is getting you- something your injesting, breathing or absorbing threw skin contact.  If the fuzziness does go away you can then begin eliminating the potential causes one by one.  Radically alter your diet, move out of your house for several days, stay away from work, etc.

Hope this works
.
Hi, I just found this website (I know, I'm a little slow at some things).  What lauren has described is almost identical to what I'm experiencing.  And like Lauren I've no answer.  The scary part is that recently I've started to forget the names of ordinary, everyday things - colors, names of people and places, etc.  Any suggestions?
fibromyalgia ???
Oh wow, this thread describes it exactly. Ive had it for two years.

Going to try the exclusion diet right away.
hi all,
i have had exactly the same feeling for a year, after having a baby.  i think it is down to anxiety, and this is indicated by the fact that yoga, deep breathing and concentrating on very specific tasks help.  it is awful.  i would recommend cbt talking therapy with a trusted therapist and a good yoga class, not too taxing but focusing on relaxation.  also, mindfulness is a techinique which is very helpful, helps you focus on everyday experiences rather than worrying about life.
good luck!
1)  I have a new suggestion to those who talk about being tired plus the fuzzy head, etc.  A lot of people with sleep apnea don't know that they have it.  A sleep study may be a good idea.

2)  Also, the overload of the senses and fatique and some of the other symptoms could be from chronic fatigue syndrome or fibromyalgia which does have treatments for it.

3)   And one person who thought it might be from menopause--right on.  I felt that my brain was not working well at all.  For example, I had trouble finding my car, forgot to order at the order window at a fast food restaurant, was checking out at the counter of a clothing store only to realize that I still had something on over my clothes that belonged to the store!!!  It all stopped when I got estrogen replacement.  Definately from menopause.  Plus some of us felt something like an electrical current going through our brains.

None of this may fit, but just a possible suggestions.
Hi all,

First of all I just want to say that Jason, your advice regarding ongoing exposure to allergens may be very accurate!

I've had daily fuzzy head, poor concentration, chronically blocked nose, pressure in my head (at times) and slightly ringing ears for about 4 years. I often feel like I havent gotten a good sleep though I seem to sleep fine. These symptoms are present most of the time but vary in severity.

Recently I bought a dyson vaccum and an air purifyer for my room and my symptoms seem to have reduced HUGELY! Yes I still have fuzzy head, and it does still affect me at work, but much less than it did. I have carpet in my bedroom and I am hoping that when we move away from carpet, this will help even more.

I've always had asthma and very sensitive to animals (sneeing, runny nose, itchy eyes).

My fuzzy head symptoms used to be sooooooooooo bad that I didnt want to do anything or see anyone. I didnt feel safe to drive and I was quite depressed because I felt like there was something seriously wrong and I didnt know how to tell a doctor and I was actually probably scared to tell my doctor.

I hope that some time soon I can go back to being sharp and alert and be free of these symptoms completely. I still feel very strongly that they are related to allergies or intollerances.
Hi Fuzz, I got totally animated reading your description.  I was thinking yup thats me... I too have had this for 4yrs now. You feel like your heads filling up with water, eyes are bulging, your ears are hot and sore, jaw hurts and sometimes you feel like the back of your head and neck are made of cement...

I also have tinnitus which is constant and the fuzziness is there more often than not.

I can't help with a cure, but I am a beauty therapist and I find that Indian head massage really helps.  Even just getting a member of your family to do this and get them to concentrate on the eyebrow, nose, ears, jaw, head and neck.

This doesn't take the fuzziness away but the only way I can describe it is this...

When you dont have this and you go for a massage you come out feeling a little woozy and that fuzziness is there then.  The funny thing is, that that feeling is nice, a little funny and you feel relaxed and want to have a nap.....  Sound familiar???

The problem is that that feeling is nice short term and when your relaxing and pampering yourself but no good when you have it 24/7 and cant function properly.

Now your probably thinking, okay.... so if massage makes you feel like that anyway..... why is she telling me to do it????????

The fact is that it confuses the fuzziness... your body expects to feel that way so it kind of numbs it.

Another thing is that once you've had this for a certain length of time you realise that you have to deal with it the best you can.  Another way of doing this is to remember that the fuzziness (not the tinnitus) is only a problem when trying to function.  Don't stress about it when your relaxing too.... Give yourself a break.

This may sound silly but perhaps not to people who have this...

I'm fortunate in one way.... Having tinnitus and the fuzziness only allows me to ***** about one or the other day to day....Ha!

I have the symptoms of fuzzy head and forgetfulness too.  Its been going on for  3 months now.  I am also suffering from the ringing in my ears.    All these symptoms are sporatic.   Lately I have been getting the fuzziness for a longer period of time and then I get a headache or migrane (migraine).   I am having menapausal hot flashes and this makes it all worse.  I get sick to my stomach alot too.
I am going in for an MRI on my brain this week.  After reading about all of the other postings, I think it will come back without any information of what is going on.
I am trying not to get too depressed about this.   I started a new job earlier this year and was wondering if it has anything to do with this.  
Some have said that their enviorment has contributed to this.
Thanks for postings.  Please keep them coming.
It's good that you are getting an MRI.  However most of the symptoms that you describe are very common in women who go through menopause--the fuzzy head, forgetfulness, headaches, migraines, and depression.  You may consider low levels of hormone replacement therapy.  (Do you know that you are listed as a male on your name.)  It could help you tremendously.  I don't know what age you are.  I could help you with benefits of taking estrogen if you indicate your age.  

What medication are you taking for your migraines?  How often are they?  I know a lot about treatments for them and would be happy to help in that way.

Wish you the best.

Sara
Thanks for your great write-up above.  I think that you will find a further huge difference from going to non-carpeting with just a few rugs. Not only do carpets hold dust and mold, but they also tend to have a lot of toxic chemicals in them, especially if they are newer.  I too have allergies.  Our entire house has no carpeting.  I don't use any scented products and watch everything that comes into our house.

Also, sometimes we have more than one problem. When you mention about your sleeping, perhaps you could use a sleep study to see if you could have sleep apnea.

Good luck.

Sara
Hi Laureen , it seems that i have the same sypmtoms, I am desesperate, how do you solve it ? I would appreciate too much if you reply me .
Hi Laureen , it seems that i have the same sypmtoms, I am desesperate, how do you solve it ? please reply me .
I have been reading these posts and also think that everyone suffers from low level migraines.  I have all these symptoms (fuzzy head, forgetfulness, inability to concentrate, a feeling of being distant etc..).  During bad attacks I also suffer from severe vomiting  lasting up to four days.   Once the severe vomiting was so violent it caused my face to bruise around my eyes and on another occasion an ambulance had to take me to hospital to give me water on a drip.   I could not even hold down a teaspoon of water and was dehydrated.  The Triptan family of drugs is the only cure.  I take Zolmitriptan but any of the triptans are brilliant.    These drugs make you feel amazingly normal and even prevent the bad attacks coming on.

Sumatriptan, Rizatriptan, Zolmitriptan etc.  are the only cure
It's funny that on this website, especially the Migraine one, people don't respond very much compared to two other websites.  I've stopped posting as much on this one, because you feel that you put yourself out and then get no response.  On another one in particular, there are many responses.  Oh well.

I saw your post and have exactly same symptoms as you.  What did the doctor describe for you to help eliminate the fuzziness and forgetfulness. It fair weighs you down.  Were you tired all the time?  I am going through the menopause too.  
Fuzziness and forgetfulness can be a problem with migraines.  The only help for it with my migraines is to get the pain controlled.  If you need any suggestions on treatments, let me know what the doctor has offered you so far.

However, my very worst forgetfulness and fuzziness was when I went through menopause.  I can tell you story after story about what I went through.  Estrogen was the fix for that as well as other menopause symptoms that I had.  If you are taking it at an earlier age, (than say women in their mid-50s) the studies show that it actually helps with cardiovascular health and even breast cancer!
P.S.  I was extremely tired all the time during my menopause until I got estrogen treatment.
Can alcohol be the cause?
Could it be cause of alcohol ..or maybe the altitude..
Hi i no exaxtly what your talkin about. I called mine brain fog. allways there and never leaves.. Mine was caused by stress and deppresion. i didnt think i had either but after three years i finnaly figured it out.. Made a drastic life change and got better. It will work it self out.. Hope you get well.. If you want someone who understands look me up.. from your foggy freind  mike
I've had exactly the same condition for six years now, and no one else around me seems to 'get it'... so it's a relief to know others are going through the same thing. I think the fuzziness may be a chronic tension headache. Gradually it does appear to be going though, but that is by only doing the following:

1. Cut out caffeine completely, the headaches seem to be exacerbated by anxiety so cut out any stimulants. (Hangovers make them 10x worse)
2. Plenty of sleep really helps. 9 hours seems work for me.
3. Hard neck massages improve blood flow to your head and help clear the fuzziness (here's a stufy related to this http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1447303/). (Stretching and Yoga also help).
4. Cut out exercise that strains your neck. I used to row, and since stopping they've definitely got better.
5. Whenever I'm tired they get worse, so avoid 'carb crashes' at lunch time and have a healthy diet with plenty of fruit.

I'm intrigued as to whether cutting out milk and wheat works, so I'll be sure to try that and report back : )

Good luck!

Dalton
I am so excited to find this...I've had what I call my "fuzzy feeling" for 7+ years now and have more or less just been putting up with it...you have all helped inspire me to start taking steps to (hopefully, someday!) remedy the problem. It would be amazing to feel "clear" and present in everyday life.
Mike -  I'm going through what I call Brain Fog.  (I think a lot of trouble on this site is that we are using the same terms to describe different things).  What sparks my interest is:  you said you didn't think it was depression at first.   Why didnt you think it was depression, and what made you change you mind?
I have been having the "fuzzy head" off and on for the past several months. Although, I suffered from this very badly about 25 years ago but it went away unless I was under a lot of pressure at work. I feel like I have had about 3 drinks.... very hard to focus. I feel light headed and unable to concentrate or even speak clearly. I know what I want to say but it doesn't come out correctly. Very frustrating to say the least! I also have loud ringing in my ears and some hearing loss.

I thought I was alone until I read these posts this morning and it made me feel better that I am not the only one suffering with this fuzzy feeling! We do have carpet... and have not thought that could cause it. Has anyone else removed their carpeting and had their symptoms improve? A friend told me it's probably an allergic reaction to pollen or other things in the air. I have not gone to any doctors yet...  Any other posts would be helpful. This is NOT any fun!! It's hard to get anything productive done when I feel this way!

Thanks!!
I've had these same feelings.  Foggy, pressure in my head, more at the base of the back of my head and would surface towards the front.  

All this actually started when I went to the chiropractor for my lower back pain.  He helped that immensely but right after he fixed me I had an immediate dizzy feeling and was very nauseated.  The feelings are not as intense but have not gone away.  I thought at first it was my eyes but just got my eyes checked and everything is fine.

I feel that it has more to do with how my brain is processing images and maybe he moved something in my neck that shouldn't have been moved.  I am now terrified to go back to any chiropractor.  I just went to the doctors to have blood work done to make sure it isn't a sugar problem or thyroid issue (since both things run in my family).  If everything comes back normal, which i assume it will.  I might have to check out another chiropractor and see if something is mis-aligned.  

Has anyone been to a chiropractor....???
I'm having something like this - it started after I was having headaches for 2 weeks almost non-stope.  The headaches are furthe rapart, but I still have this full/cotton head feeling.  I'm pretty sure this is related to sinus issues.  There's a slight imbalance related to this, also.
I got excellent care for my lower back pain from a physical therapist who did work on me that was very intense, but nothing like the trauma that I've had at chiropractors' offices.  And she taught me how to do the strong adjustments to my back myself with some purchased tools.  I would NEVER go to a chiropractor's office again because I have since learned that the kind of major stroke that I had can be caused by a chiropractic adjustment.  I have lasting terrible disabilities from that stroke 5 years later which are permanent.
omg I too am suffering terribly with the fuzzy heads.

I have seen my GP...ENT specialist ....2 Neurologists.... I have had CT Scan....MRI Scan....Balance Tests...Blood Tests and still no further on!!

My MRI Scan did show that I had small ventricles for my age (then 40 - now 49) but it was nothing of a concern.

My 2nd neurologist put me on betablockers to see if they helped and he thought it might be a form of migrane (migraine).  The tablets didn't do anything so I stopped taking them.....neurologist discharged me and told me to go back to my GP if any further problems.

Went back to my GP couple months ago and was put on tablets for high blood pressure (184/110)....I don't think its blood pressure that's causing these heads because my blood pressure has gone back to normal.

These heads are so debilitating and really get me down........surely there must be SOMETHING that is causing it?   I am going through the change but no doctor has yet told me its menopausal..........

HELP I feel I am going crazy!!!!
After reading though many of the comments, I am relieved to find out that there are others out there who experience what I have always called the "fuzzy head" feeling. It's so hard to describe to other people that I don't even try to anymore. I am wondering if there are other who experience a worsening of the feeling while driving (motion sickness?) I also find that while exercising, the fuzzy head decreases. Also, some doctors have told me that this might be a post viral condition? I had mono about 2 years ago and the fuzzy head feeling has persisted ever since. Any others had a viral condition? I also have mean diagnoses with neurally mediated hypotension... Any others relate? Thanks for the help
Lauren I know exactly what you are talking about. Fuzzy feeling in head, feeling like you're not actually there, anxiety. There is psychological disorder known as depersonalization or derealization disorder which is caused by extreme stress, anxiety, or a traumatizing event. I was diagnosed with this disorder about 9 months ago and just now beginning to live totally symptom free. It takes a TON of patience. Key things are: acceptance, realize that it's temporary and that you will get better, exercise, eat healthy, distract yourself by doing certain activities/hobbies, and once you start to come back to reality, don't look back.
So sorry that I didn't know about your response until now.  How often do you get these migraines?  If less than 3 times a week, then you should get a strong pain killer by prescription to treat them.  If they are more than 2 times a week, then you cannot take any pain reliever without risking getting non-stop rebound migraines.  In that case you should be taking daily preventative migraine medication which is also by prescription.  Your migraines should not be from menopause, at least not that I've ever heard about.  If you have already tried these treatments, there are more treatments available.  Let me know, if you're still on this site after it's been so long. Nobody should suffer so much.
This is so interesting! I am at work now but researching fuzzy head as its making me feel so sick right now. I really struggle to concentrate and I am so tired all the time.

It started about 7 months ago, I remember it was just before I left my last job when I was feelin greally stressed so I assumed it was this, I had also tried to cut down my caffine intake at the same time which I thought may be the reason. I don't have it all the time so I havnet worried enough to go to the doctors. Apart from I did go about a sinus infection as I had sinus pain round my eyes and nose and front of my forehead .The doctor said I didn't have sinusitis so didn't give me anything, he just told me to stop taking pain killers. I have been using a nasal spray convinced it was sinus related but it hasnt helped that much, and have now been using that twice a day for the last month.

I am really interested in what you said about a food intolerance as I am a  bit of an allergy kid anyway, allergic to cat hair, dust, nuts and soya! You mentioned oats...I hadn't had porridge since I was about 7 years old and I started eating it around 7 - 8 months ago, every day!! I will definately try to stop etaing it for a while and see if it makes a difference.

Also as someone else mentioned about checking B12 levels. I had a bad stomach bug last year, 2 in a row in fact followed by cold after cold after cold! I then spent about 4 months feeling exhausted and thirty. It really took it out of me. Once the constant thirst went and the tiredness remained I went to see the doctor who checkled my B12 levels with a blood test. They were low so I had a course of B12 injections. Felt SO mcuh better until the last couple of months where I have started feeling very tired again although not as bad as before. Going on holiday for 2 weeks soon, hope that will re-charge my batteries as I have just had another B12 test and my levels are normal now.

Hey everyone! I just discovered my original post... over 4 years ago! It's amazing to see how much this post has grown... I wish you were all here when I was going through all these symptoms! Unfortunately it seems to have gained popularity years after I left this site.

Just wanted to update you all.  Amazing, and annoyingly, all of my symptoms went away on their own.  I know this isn't helpful, but hopefully it gives you hope that they can go away.  

Looking back, I think veganism was a bad choice for me. i was vegan for 4 years, and am now a big time grassfed meat eating, dairy, local eggs, and tons of organic local veggies.  

I wish you all the best!
Lauren,  I think it's terrific that it went away by itself.  I'm wondering why you think that the Vegan diet wasn't so good.  Did you notice a change soon after you stopped it?  Thanks for your posting.  Sara
I'm 28, and have had similar feelings/symptoms for about 7 years. Although they have worsened in the the past 2-3.

No pain, just feeling constantly tired, and not with it. No matter how inactive or active I am, or how much sleep I have had.

This coincides with my move into London - possibly linked? I also have tinnitus, which posts on here seem to suggest a potential link.

I have had blood tests with no answers. I have been on a paleo diet (cutting out grains etc) and that only helped marginally.

In order to even reduce the symptoms, I have to work extremely hard, to the point where it's almost as debilitating to live such a life style as it is do have the fuzzy head conditions. I would be on a paleo, yet rich in protein diet, wake up very early and do 2 hours of very strenuous exercise 6 days a week before work. Obviously a way of living that can't be maintained, and makes a mark on relationships/friends/family.

At the age of 28, feeling so low energy, lethargic, mellow is very frustrating and I feel as though I am seeing my friends of similar ages really making big drives at this crucial time in your life, but I can't match it, and feel as though I have lost my spark and self confidence as I am unable to live up to the potential I feel I have.

I try to live by a routine, a to-do-list, but I am too exhausted to get what I use to be able to do done.

Things that I have tried that haven't worked:
Air purifier, routine, no alcohol, no grains, no lactose, routine hard exercise, fresh air, holidays, longer & better quality sleep, increased hydration. Whole weeks off to reset. Multivitamins.

Things to try:
Move house? Move out of London? More tests? Vegetarian? Psychological ideas? I'll try any decent suggestions!

Glad to hear that for some people it just goes away, but I don't think in my case this will do so by itself as it's been 7+yrs, plus I want to make the most of being able to push for things whilst still young.

Will report back if any developments or improvement. Any help very appreciated.
Right now I have a headache which I have had for the last 4 days now and a constant feeling of dizziness like I am going to pass out. I had bad anemia 2yr ago and had to get a blood transfusion.. I was wondering if this would be to do with that again? Its horrible I worry I may have a growth or something in my head
Someone told me I should get my eyes tested?
The same as you, the MrI and cat scan have shown ventricles. I have been plagued w/ these symptoms, sometimes accomp by dizziness, for the past 5 mon, but they went away for about 6 wks only to return w/ a vengeance about 4 wks ago. Dr has perscribed migraine med to take as needed, w/ little help, have done phys therapy for dizziness, but the last time nothing new was mentioned to try except meditation 5 m/ day w/ shoulder weights. Now dr has me taking 75mg butterbur 2x/day but I heard it can take 4 m to work. She said she'll prescribe a daily migrane (migraine) med if butterbur doesn't help w/in 10 days, however topomax (topamax) seems to have some neg side effects. She mentioned a beta-blocker, but I'm already on BP meds. I exercise, which does decrease the fuzziness, but it seems lately I'm dwelling on it, and wake up in the middle of the night w/ it still slightly in the same spot in my head. Let me know what you think I should try...
Hi!

I just wanted to comment on this because I have chronic "weird fuzzy head" and know the cause for mine.

Hopefully this might help some of you...my fuzzy head comes from fluctuation in catecholamines...typically when its on the uprise. Your fuzzy head may have nothing to do with this, but I've noticed a lot of your doctors are looking at brain abnormalities, which is not really where this would come from.  If there is anyone at wits end and hasn't tried these things, I'd ask your doctor to look into it...

1.  catecholine levels  (serotonin, norepinephrine, dopamine)  For me, when these levels go up, my fuzzy head occurs more frequently.
2.  your adrenal glands.  This is where these neurotransmitters are made, so if there is some relation between the two, it would be a good place to start.
3.  rare tumors.  Rare and mostly benign pheochromocytoma - which affects the adrenal glands, and paragangliomas - a  neuroendocrine neoplasm.  Both are rare, and both are mostly benign...I think 95% plus, but both can cause secretion of catecholines.

My other suggestion would be to see an allergist.  I've also noticed an increase when I eat things I'm allergic to.  Gluten allergy apparently is one to look into.  

Hopefully someone finds some help from this...good luck!  Its annoying, but after a while you can ignore it.
Thanks for the info. Can you tell me how you are treating your symptoms?
Do any of you have a runny nose?
Apparently that was my problem, and I have found my cure! I hope it will be helpful to some of you.

For as long as I can remember, my nose was a bit runny. Not a big deal, I got used to it, and it never really bothered me.
A couple of years ago, I started having a fuzzy feeling, headaches, and dizziness that really affected my life and work. I went to see neurologists, done a CT scan and tried migraine medications (which gave me a 3-hour long piercing migraine, so I never touched those again), no one seemed to find the problem. When the dizziness got worse I went to an ear-nose doctor to see if there might be a problem with my inner ear, and she says "of course your head hurts, your nose is stuffed, and I can see by the sides of it that you blow it a lot". So she gave me an anti-allergic nose spray, and within two weeks I felt like new! Now I take antihistamines daily, and the headaches and fuzziness are gone!

Some of you have mentioned allergies, and advised people to do an allergy test or avoid certain foods- but that doesn't always help. I did numerous tests and still don't know what it is that I'm allergic to, if there is such a thing at all. I just take allergy medications, which are safe and reliable, and it works just fine.

My advice to everyone here- if you blow your nose a couple of times a day, no matter how esoteric and irrelevant it seems (I can get a stuffed-nose headache without even feeling that I need to blow my nose) go to a doctor and ask for a nasal spray for a constant allergic runny nose. Try it for a while and see if it works, and then you will know if that is part of the problem. After that you can try and figure out what it is you are allergic to, and how to manage it.

Tell me if it works!
Thanks for your great advice.  Glad that your problem is solved.  

For anyone that is interested to find out what you are allergic to, there is a blood test that tests all kinds of foods and outdoor stuff.  It's been a long time ago, but I believe it was an IGa  test or something like that.  It was pretty expensive, but I never have gotten the bill and it was 4 years ago or at least I didn't recognize it on the many pages of what my insurance pays..