Migraines & Headaches Community
Generic Substitute

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Generic Substitute

I take Fiorinal C 1/2 for the treatment of my migraines.  When I went to have my last prescription filled at the pharmacy, they said that there is now a generic brand for Fiorinal called Technol or Teknol, not sure of the spelling.  she hadn't heard of it, was actually surprised that there was a generic brand of it now. and had none in stock.  Do you know anything about this generic replacement?  Will it have the exact ingredients that the Fiorinal does?    Thank You!

It is difficult to tell without knowing the exact name of the generic medication. It is best to check with your pharmacist and prescribing doctor.

It is also true that a good quality generic will contain the exact same medicine.