Migraines & Headaches Community
HOW I GOT RID OF MY MIGRAINES...please read!!!

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

I started at 27 to have bad migrains every week. They got worse with years, im 34 now, female. Long story short, I ended up with what seemed to be all sort of migrains and headaches, cluster headaches, tension migr, night migraines...and finally horrible overall tiredness, pain and headaches a few minutes after seating down...Along with that hell, allergies got worse and worse to the point that i couldnt eat any fruit. One day i even had an allergic reaction while eating oatmeal...I thought i was becoming allergic to being alive! I would open my house door and i would get sick. People accused me of being hypocondriac, and even i believed it at some point. Every smell would make me sick also and i needed to get in bed. I changed to odorless detergent, soap, etc...This is my life: i have a career i love, a house, husband and we do have sex regularly (some people would say i needed more sex!), loved to take walks and exercice but it was getting harder to do that...Had a blood test......I happened to have HYPOTHYROIDISM!!!!!! If you have all of these symptoms and more and you feel you are "supper allergic", that your asthma is getting worse every year and your migraines are the worse in the world, ask your dr to check your THYROID and ask him to include analisys of T3, T4 and the antibodies that attack the tyroid because some times the thyroid levels show normal (which happened to me over the years until it picked 5.8. Ideal levels r diff for everyone but 2 seems to be best) and you live misserable. Dr put me on pill thyroid 30 mg and after first week migraines desappeared even when the weather changed! The other symptoms getting better!!!! I cant believe it yet....ill post this in other boards, think everybody needs to know.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Thank you for your update. It is good to know that you were able to identify the underlying cause that triggers your migraine attacks. Indeed it would be very helpful for other members of the forum to have additional diagnostic tests done including thyroid panel test. Though the cause may vary from one person to another, this would help rule out this condition. It is recommended that you continue your medications as prescribed and have regular monitoring of your thyroid hormones. Take care and best regards.
I started on verapamil just two weeks ago for migraine prevention and have had 3 migraines since! How long does it take for the drug to take effect and start preventing migraines?