Migraines & Headaches Community
Halt Migraines

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Halt Migraines

My partner has had migraines for over 20 years. She also is paranoid schizophrenic so when the voices come back they make her migraines worse. In the last 2 years or so it seems like she goes into the clinic every other day to get a shot of 2mg of Hydromorphone and anti nausea shot. This has been happening too much. I voice my concern of her being addicted but we have talked to many drug counselors and they say she isn't YET. This doesn't help us much.

Our primary doctor doesn't have much to say about it either and so to get her to talk to a different doctor she refuses. ( I think because she knows that eventually she will need to get off that junk and learn to deal with it a different way)

Just curious to know if anyone out there has any suggestions to what I can do. My partners quality of life is going down the drain. We own our own business and I would say in the next 6 months if this keeps going we will be going down to half time.