Migraines & Headaches Community
Has anyone tried Feverfew for headaches?

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

I have tried many drugs over the last 8 years & seen a GP that specialises in headaches twice, both times the diagnoses has been Migraines. I was researching an alternative remedy & came up with Feverfew, I have now taken 100mg every evening for 3 weeks, I have still woken with a headache most mornings but no where near as bad & it's soon eased.

I have read a lot of information on Feverfew & like all drugs it's a bit scary, but I intended to take it for  a month then cut back to 100mg every other day (I can't can't find any 50mg ones) but the last few days I have  experienced bouts of dizziness so not sure what to do as it's magic to go all day without a headache.

I would love to know if anyone else had tried it.
I would strongly recommend Petadolex instead because it does not have any toxins in it which are rampant in the herbal remedies which are not tested for by the FDA in the US.  However Petadolex has been tested by Germany where it is produced.  

They have studies which proved that their product reduced migraines substantially.  It has been great for me. When I stopped it along with my daily Magnesium and COQ10, I had the worst migraines that I had had since I had my stroke.

They eliminate the toxins that are naturally in other butterbur herbal medications which is in Petadolex.     I do need other medications and many injections due to the fact that my migraines were caused by my stroke.  Try the Petadolex which in available on line.  
thank you, the GP I saw actually suggested Butterbur but I found out  it was unavailable now in the UK, I had not heard of it as in Petadolex. He also mentioned Q10 but the amount I would have required was out of my price range every month, it was making all these enquiries that I came across Feverfew, I can afford it & it works.
I am going to cut back the Feverfew then consider taking Petadolex.

COQ10 is very cheap in the US.  Perhaps you should try elsewhere for a price.  The butterbur is known to have toxins in it, but the purified Petadolex may be too much for you also.  My neurologist recommended it to me.  Also what about the magnesium?  Wish you the best.  Migraines are no way to live.